+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DH and I are in a similar boat. We have hired a baby sitter once when DD was about 12 months old and DS was about 4.5. The babysitter was one of the carers in the creche of the gym I go to so DD was very familiar with her. It went swimmingly. I've also considered using carers from the kids' childcare centre for baby sitting. We've just never justified the expense!!

In the interim DH and I often do/did date nights at home after the kids have gone to bed (with the expectation that it may be interrupted by parental duties). Date night is usually just a plate of nibbles and/or chocolate and watching some stand up comedy that we've either downloaded or watching on You Tube. Cheap and cheerful!! I figure that having a laugh together helps to keep you connected.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Love View Post
    Do babysitters ever do overnight care? Like say if we wanted to go away for the night and come back next morning ...

And of course they sleep .. like we have them sleep in the spare room ... do they generally do that?
    I've done it before used to do it for a lady who was a midwife and had on call at nights! Or just couples who want the night away!
    Yep done for sure! I usually charge normal rates til 10pm ish then a flat rate overnight (as I'm asleep anyway ) and then usually normal rates from whenever kids wake up!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (12-08-2014)