+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Montessori Child Care - Perth

Hi all,
    I’ve been reading these forums since my bub was born and am now in need of some help!
    My son who is 18 months is currently in regular day care and i’m looking to move him to a montessori daycare here in Perth.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? Additional info I might need to know?
    I’ve done a fair bit of reading on Montessori recently but am always happy to learn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sorry I have nothing to help you with but I do know two people who work in Montessori centres (different ones not the same one) and both say they would never send their kids to one. Is there a specific reason you want to change to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi crazy family,

Thanks for your reply, I was looking for something that allowed him some independence and I liked the montessori principles. The smaller classrooms and the fact you can bring your own food.

would you mind elaborating on your friends experiences? It's so difficult to find somewhere good enough for my most prized possession

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand how you feel. I have chosen to not use childcare services at all for my last two due to issues with my other children.
    I will pm with more when I get a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that would be really great! I'm also looking in to other options as every single week for the last 3 months he's come home with some sort of cold/virus and it's starting to do my head in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @daisyboo I send my kids to a Montesorri preschool in Perth. You don't have enough posts for me to PM you. There are some good ones around (not sure what the PP said when her friends said she'd never send kids to one). My son loves where he goes (he's 3) and has learnt so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi daisyboo....

Im also looking for a Montessori child care.... I love the ideals and the way they set the children up to be learners independently rather than reliant on the teachers... its so hard to find quality care.. Looking for any help on this also.

I feel like we've tried to find a great centre that suits our family but Im still not happy with main****** child care or family day care. My DS is quite anxious and shy and is still finding it hard to settle into care...