+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In response to the articles/links....

Still fact. Those articles are biased coming from a network that are anti vax.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (11-08-2014),beebs  (14-08-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm interested in looking at the exact content, I will be back later to post some quotes, I am interested in vaxxers input, as I am undecided myself...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I tried to read the articles, I really tried but couldn't finish.

The first article does not deny the existence of herd immunity. The author asserts that true herd immunity can only be achieve through natural acquisition of the disease and not a mass vaccination program of the population. This assertation is misrepresenting facts at best. It is well known that 100% of vaccinations are not

(I'll BBL )
    From Wikipedia (yes I know, not peer reviewed blah blah, I'm just trying to start understanding herd immunity better as a whole...)

"Herd immunity theory proposes that, in contagious diseases that are transmitted from individual to individual, chains of infection are likely to be disrupted when large numbers of a population are immune or less susceptible to the disease. The greater the proportion of individuals who are resistant, the smaller the probability that a susceptible individual will come into contact with an infectious individual"

So DOES herd immunity theory only apply to naturally acquired immunity, or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Been reading about herd immunity a little, there are those who feel it is a myth.

Thoughts on the content of these two articles asserting herd immunity is in fact a myth?

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...sell-blaylock/

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...umphries-md-3/

Sorry I took one look at the URL and thought I don't trust it! Took a quick look at the home page and thought it's just like that whack job group in Australia that got forced to change their name.

Good on you for starting a thread in the debate it section though

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (11-08-2014),beebs  (14-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (11-08-2014),smallpotatoes  (11-08-2014),snowqu33n  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That vaccine-induced herd immunity is mostly myth can be proven quite simply. When I was in medical school, we were taught that all of the childhood vaccines lasted a lifetime. This thinking existed for over 70 years. It was not until relatively recently that it was discovered that most of these vaccines lost their effectiveness 2 to 10 years after being given. What this means is that at least half the population, that is the baby boomers, have had no vaccine-induced immunity against any of these diseases for which they had been vaccinated very early in life. In essence, at least 50% or more of the population was unprotected for decades.
    If we listen to present-day wisdom, we are all at risk of resurgent massive epidemics should the vaccination rate fall below 95%. Yet, we have all lived for at least 30 to 40 years with 50% or less of the population having vaccine protection. That is, herd immunity has not existed in this country for many decades and no resurgent epidemics have occurred.

Is this a fair comment, or not?
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 11-08-2014 at 10:31.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Harriet  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post

Is this a fair comment, or not?
    Aren't there more and more cases of measles and whooping cough etc? I would say if this author wants to be taken seriously they need to quote vaccination rates and rates of people contacting the VPD's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Aren't there more and more cases of measles and whooping cough etc? I would say if this author wants to be taken seriously they need to quote vaccination rates and rates of people contacting the VPD's
    He does kinda touch on that here...

When I was a medical student almost 40 years ago, it was taught that the tetanus vaccine would last a lifetime. Then 30 years after it had been mandated, we discovered that its protection lasted no more than 10 years. Then, I ask my doubting physician if he or she has ever seen a case of tetanus? Most have not. I then tell them to look at the yearly data on tetanus infections – one sees no rise in tetanus cases. The same can be said for measles, mumps, and other childhood infections. It was, and still is, all a myth.

but I do agree with you VP, exact numbers would be very interesting, with the causes ie, are the alleged resurgences causes KNOWN to be falling vax rates, or is there another reason? eg new variations of the diseases?

One of the downfalls of the flu vax being that they can only make it from flu strains that have actually occurred, so you get protection from *those* strains, but of course can not protect you from a variation which newly mutates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is there any fact to this assertion?

the fact that most vaccines are contaminated with a number of known and yet-to-be discovered viruses, bacteria, viral fragments, and DNA/RNA fragments. And, further, that our science demonstrates that these contaminants could lead to a number of slowly-developing degenerative diseases, including degenerative diseases of the brain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scientifically proven FACT. Take away herd immunity and watch how diseases run rampant in society.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The population of the world is expanding over the past 200 years where vaccines have been used, and this makes obtaining herd immunity even more expensive and impossible today than ever. How many billions of people would need to be vaccinated how many times to eradicate just one illness based on the theory of vaccine herd immunity? How much would that cost? Consider the cost of vaccines, refrigeration, vaccinators, and hazardous waste removal. Just look at chicken pox vaccine at $7.25 per dose for the CDC discounted price. Each child gets 2 doses. The US census shows 25.7 million children between 0-5 years. Just the cost of the vaccines to vaccinate each of those children, not including the lifetime of boosters, refrigeration, administration and waste, costs the government over 372 million dollars. Chicken pox vaccines are now being exposed for the failure they are, but vaccine profits are still climbing. After the members of the herd stopped transmitting natural immunity to each other because of the vaccine effect, shingles increased. The response- more doses of vaccine for children and a shingles vaccine to adults. HERE is a recent journal abstract describing the failure of herd protection by varicella vaccines. In a SEPARATE DOCUMENT, Dr. Goldman says:
    1. “Prior to the universal varicella vaccination program, 95% of adults experienced natural chickenpox (usually as school aged children)—these cases were usually benign and resulted in long term immunity. This high percentage of individuals having long term immunity has been compromised by mass vaccination of children which provides at best 70 to 90% immunity that is temporary and of unknown duration—shifting chickenpox to a more vulnerable adult population where chickenpox carries 20 times more risk of death and 15 times more risk of hospitalization compared to children. Add to this the adverse effects of both the chickenpox and shingles vaccines as well as the potential for increased risk of shingles for an estimated 30 to 50 years among adults. The Universal Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccination Program now requires booster vaccines; however, these are less effective than the natural immunity that existed in communities prior to licensure of the varicella vaccine.”

1. Fair comment, or not?