+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im pretty sure he's getting enough. I dont mind that he feeds every 2 hours, its just that I cant go oug anywhere cause I cant feed him out

Im offering both breasts at the moment. Ive been told multiple different things from numerous professionals (ie block feeding, just offer one breast each time, offer both breasts each time etc) that im just totally confused. The most recent thing I was told was to offer both breasts so I guess ill stick with that for the time being

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heartstringz I've read a few of your posts now and really hope things get easier soon.

I had to use a nipple shield in the beginning too but I didn't have the leakage problem you describe. Have you tried a few different brands to see if there's one that will give you a better seal against your skin? I really liked the Pigeon brand. The bit around the teat is circular and super flexible, it stuck really well for me and I only had a little mess when removing it.

I second the advice to wear layers. Pull your outer top up and the undershirt/singlet down. The bunched fabric of the outer shirt gives a bit of coverage too so you don't expose the whole breast.

My first few outings to places without parent rooms I wasn't confident enough to feed in public. I took a bottle of EBM in a cooler pack, and a food thermos with boiled water. The food thermos has a wide neck and the bottle sits inside to warm the milk. It is extra stuff to lug around, but it made the public feeds much easier in those early days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same issues you are having with my dd, huge oversupply and we are still using shields now at 16 months. I ended up block feeding for three days and would lay back in a recliner to feed. The shield was still full if milk at the end of a feed but wouldn't leak as much. Before feeding out I would place a towel on my lap and tuck a face washer under my breast, put the cover in place, take out my breast fully and put the shield on then grab bub and put her on. When she was finished the feed I would use the face washer and take off the shield with it mopping up milk from underneath. It sounds a lot but we only had to do this till she was about 3-4months and supply had settled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every 2 hours is normal. Offering both breasts at a feed could be causing the over supply though. If he feeds to soften the first breast, burps and wants more that's good, but usually just taking less than that will keep you making more and more milk.
    You're breasts will take a few days to a week even to settle down, you'll have one sore breast full if he doesn't want more than one, but it would likely settle the over supply and help stop the crazy leaking.
    After 15.5 years of bf on and off, the best advice I've read on breastfeeding is on kellymom.com
    Sorry I dont have any suggestions on going out. My small babies feed every hour to two hours, I just avoided going out because its always just feeding and changing and I didn't enjoy myself

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app