+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would take a Terry cloth nappy square or two face washers. Slip them in your bra before you attach bub to catch the drips or ******s in my case. Start of using mothers rooms and than move onto anywhere anytime.

It does get easier.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tried nursing in public today. I had trouble getting the facewasher tucked in while holding him & trying to keep the nursing cover out of his face. Got there eventually but by then he was screaming. Then I had trouble getting the nipple shield on & attaching him while trying to keep the nursing cover out of his face & so that it was actually covering me.

I dont have the confidence to nurse without a cover yet & I find nursing tops to be even more of a nightmare so I dont bother with them. It probably didnt help that some bloke came & sat right next to us just as I was starting, so I was madly trying to prevent flashing my bra/breast to him

When he finished I had big wet marks all down both sides of my shirt & there was nowhere to get changed so I had to walk around like that. I almost cried

Really dont know if I can do this in public while im using the shields, but I need to leave the house. Given ds still feeds every 2 hours its often not possible to time outing around feeds

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heartstringz; 13-08-2014 at 16:45.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aw you poor thing newborns have no manners when it comes to seeing the table do they! Can you use a nursing area at the shops until you get into the swing of the routine, might give you the personal space to breath and you could possibly ditch the cover for now? Sorry I haven't read the entire thread so how I'm not repeating anything

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just skimmed through, if you think you have an oversupply issues look into blockfeeding, it helped me with mine, check out the kellymom website for info

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to a park for lunch so there wasnt a nursing area or parents room & no way I wanted to feed him in the gross public toilets

I guess ill have to restrict all outings to somewhere where theres a parents room & hope that I can get there & back without him needing a feed on public transport

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't experienced such extreme leaking issues, but have had to nurse a lot in public due to a lack of mothers rooms where I am. I use nursing singlets with another top on top. My DD screamed blue murder for milk and would fuss, so I sacrificed a bit of privacy using only a singlet (and a muslin for some privacy once latched) to ensure an easier feed. Once fed I put the other top over and all spills covered. Don't give up, you will find your groove soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emi, how did you manage re settling your child once you were covered in milk for the rest of the day? Thats my other problem - I get soaked & even if I get changed, its still all over the skin on my stomach etc & cant have a shower, which means ds just goes nuts for milk constantly. He's fine if I can pass him to someone else, but if im out by myself what can I do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had her in the pram, and after a feed would rock her or walk her till she fell asleep. This often would take 15 minutes (of crying), and then she would only last an hour sometimes before wanting another feed. I always had the carrier with me as i am also on public transport and if I was on the way home this was a life saver, buying me another 15-20 minutes till I was home to feed again. I found going out for the first 4 months very challenging because of this, as I could never get anything done in the hour between feeds. That's why I made my milk as accessible as possible and just accepted going out meant multiple feeds in public. Does he cry for milk when in the stroller after a feed or will he settle in the stroller if you persevere?
    Last edited by Emi36; 14-08-2014 at 06:56.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emi36 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully he will settle in the stroller for a short time with his dummy if I stick with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you think he is getting enough milk at each feed heartstringz?
    It just reminds me of my DS, fed 2hrly during the day until he was about 3 months, but never seemed to be satisfied, always wanted more. I hated feeding him in those early months and so would want the feed over asap and probably cut him off when he wasn't quite satisfied.
    Then with my next bub she fed really well from the start, would feed for quite a long time, but it wasn't painful like with DS, so I could tolerate it, at the end if the feed she would be really settled and content for 3-4 hours.
    Could just be that they had different temperaments, but I always felt that the feeding made a huge difference.
    What worked for me with DS was the block feeding (also had oversupply issues), I think what I did was to feed from only one side for 3 hours, so usually 2 feeds, then the otherside for the next 3 hours. It means that bub gets more hind milk, which is less volume, but more fat so satisfies them more. Also means that your supply should settle down a bit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (14-08-2014)