+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default You're gonna hear me roar!

Louder than a lion because that's the sound I make when I'm doing tricep dips...crimeny they hurt! I thought I would start a weight loss journal but I wanted to do one where people could comment if they wanted to and this section of the forums is getting no love.

Basically I was loving our little challenge when things got crazy at work, I was suddenly being sent away on business trips and on my last one I got appendicitis in Malaysia and have to have my appendix taken out! While I was under they removed endometriosis, I came home and promptly fell pregnant with my DS who is now 6 months!

So that's my explanation for the last 18 months that I've been, you know, not so great with the old diet and exercise regime! The last time I weighed myself before giving birth I was 105.4kg. My number will never again start with a 1! I currently weigh in at 88.4kg, coincidentally that roughly the same amount I weighed before I started the Zumba competition!

Anyway, I'm doing the Healthy Mummy shakes (breastfeeding friendly, woo!), eating well and trying to do regular exercise. At the moment I'm doing the 28 day tone up challenge and it is starting to get hard!

I welcome any comments and encouragement that people have for me (if anyone has even read this far!) along the way.

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I bring encouragement!!! Well done on your awesome effort! keep it up (great thread title too)

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NurseAnni For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll cheer you on. I just joined a gym and am trying lose the baby weight too and tone up. I joined last week and have only gone twice. I find it hard to find the time with 2 little ones especially when the youngest doesn't sleep through.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beatnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll join you. I've tried multiple things since my DS was born 18mo ago but with issues post birth I just couldn't do enough to make a difference.
    I had an op 4 weeks ago to get things back to normal and now just waiting for the OK from surgeon to begin exercising again.
    I've always been someone who has to sweat to get fit/lose weight so am thinking I'll combine that with the 12WBT. I signed up for it this te last year but couldn't do the exercises. I kept all the recipes and exercise program so will dig it out and start again.
    My aim isn't a certain kg or dress size, I just wanna be able to walk around in summer without "chub rub" from my thighs ha!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseAnni View Post
    I bring encouragement!!! Well done on your awesome effort! keep it up (great thread title too)

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thank you, encouragement is appreciated!

I love Katy Perry, this is one of the songs I listen to when I work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
    I'll cheer you on. I just joined a gym and am trying lose the baby weight too and tone up. I joined last week and have only gone twice. I find it hard to find the time with 2 little ones especially when the youngest doesn't sleep through.
    It's so funny, I used to struggle to find the time to work out before I has DS! Now I'm thinking "You fool! You had all the time in the world back then!". Now I have to fit everything around DS and DH and working!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    I'll join you. I've tried multiple things since my DS was born 18mo ago but with issues post birth I just couldn't do enough to make a difference.
    I had an op 4 weeks ago to get things back to normal and now just waiting for the OK from surgeon to begin exercising again.
    I've always been someone who has to sweat to get fit/lose weight so am thinking I'll combine that with the 12WBT. I signed up for it this te last year but couldn't do the exercises. I kept all the recipes and exercise program so will dig it out and start again.
    My aim isn't a certain kg or dress size, I just wanna be able to walk around in summer without "chub rub" from my thighs ha!
    I'm the same, I have to do some serious exercise to lose weight! Oh, the thigh gap...I wish I had it, I can't imagine having that! It would be so nice!

I was thinking the other day about the times when I've been skinnier, I've even been at my current "goal weight" before and I simply made exercising and eating healthily a priority. Instead of making excuses why I couldn't exercise, I just went out and did it and put that before watching TV or going on the computer! I need to get that mentality back. Even though I'm exercising according to the schedule, it's still something I'm forcing myself to do rather than it being natural.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just wanted to pop in and offer support since I can't actually join you in the weight loss just yet - ex-exercise junkie here, give me a few months and I'll be back...

I miss vigorous exercise so much. It makes you feel amazing! I haven't been able to do much during pregnancy.

Two things that I absolutely loved:
    1. Body Combat (Les Mills) - really hard at first but addictive once you get used to the moves and great if you like to let out frustrations - lots of punching and kicking
    2. Nike Training Club which is a free iPhone app offering toning exercise programs ranging from 15-45 minutes. Again, tough when you first start but addictive.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-08-2014),Mmumm  (11-08-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am here to be your personal cheer squad

(see, I cheer great)

I am going away in a month, so cant do the challenge ... but will be up for it when I get back .. so I expect you to be perfect by then (not that you arent now, but yanno ...)

stick with it. A good diet and moderate excercise is just so good for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-08-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I need inspiration.
    Good luck

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the gym today and discovered that it's dangerous to try and have a drink of water on that machine that's a bit like skis......what is that called anyway!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Beatnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default You're gonna hear me roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
    I went to the gym today and discovered that it's dangerous to try and have a drink of water on that machine that's a bit like skis......what is that called anyway!
    It's the elliptical! Yay for going to the gym but boo for dangerous water!

I am really starting to struggle with the challenge. I'm up to 75 squats, 20 push-ups, 75 sit-ups, 20 tricep dips and 20 lunges. I'm only halfway, I have no clue how I'm going to manage come the end of the month!

I went to my brother's for dinner tonight because it's his birthday and we had Chinese for dinner plus birthday cake for dessert. Oh dear. Ah well, tomorrow is another day!