+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pushing stage

How was your pushing stage with each of your babies?

With my first it was hard, long pushing time.

With my second it was easy and to be honest took all the labour pain away when pushing

I am pregnant with third and I am hoping it would be like the second

Your experience?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    1.5hrs
    6min
    <5min

Pushing is painless for me too, except that burning ring of fire!

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 mins vacuum assisted. I was basically standing until then so felt gravity do a lot of work until pushing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD - don't know how long but it was fairly quick, she was in distress and was a forceps delivery.

DS - maybe 5-10mins. He came pretty quickly, no forceps or vacuum.

I had an epidural both times but it was turned down for pushing. With DS it wasn't painful at all. I couldn't believe how easy his birth was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me it was all about position. My first I was told to lay flat on my back. That made pushing really hard work. Not sure how long it took, but it felt like forever. My second, I just couldn't get comfortable, so I I spent a while trying different positions. When I finally settled on one, I didn't have to push for long. My third, I didn't push at all, he fell out. . Infact, considering they had just pulled me off the toilet into a standing position, they were screaming at me NOT to push. But alas, he would not wait any longer! Easiest birth ever lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 hours 47 minuted pushing first baby

She was double compound

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 pushing was 10 minutes. I was on a bed and it was painful. I think it was too quick.

DS2 pushing was 15 mins. I was standing/kneeling over a bath which was a better position but it felt more painful than DS1'S.

I feel like I should have listened less to the midwives telling me to push and tried to feel it myself. I had internal stitches after both labours.

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 about an hour - the contractions were painless and it was tiring but the worst part was the burning ring! I would feel him crown then the contraction was over and everything would slide back up again.

DS2 about 20mins - again contractions were painless and I spent quite some time fighting the urge to push (was at home waiting for middy to come). The burning ring was nowhere near as bad and pretty sure he only crowned once (maybe twice?) then was out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 7 minutes, sweet relief! Contractions were hard..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    First was over an hour, had epidural but it haf started to wear off by then so felt *some* pain but the edge of taken off.

Second pushing was about half an hour, no pain relief at all. Didnt find it all the bad until she was crowning and was told tp stop pushing. THAT hurt!

Third was 5 minutes- whole labour was 30 mins and only just made the hospital. They needed to get her out asap as there was meconium in the fluids and she was in distress, one big push and she was out. Again no pain relief.

Fourth was 23 minutes- water birth so much more calm and relaxed, painful but not as much as #2 and #3, was able to pant as dhe crowned and she just slid out by herself. By far the least painful of all of them!

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos