+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Cue but dd didn't put on weight in the first 3 weeks either he might change this week? I was told the same thing? Just give it another week hun
    Well dd is back to unsettled she hasn't napped longer than 20 minutes today so I hear ya 😫
    I hope he has a good gain by next week, fingers crossed he starts catching up. I'll be so devastated if it doesn't improve.

I hope your DD2 settles for you tonight so you can get some sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I feel for you, I was terrified of having another CMPI baby. The LC doesn't think it's an issue with DS though, she said his poop is all within what she considers normal and thinks the poor weight gain is just a latch/supply issue that we can sort out. I'm hoping she's right! I don't want to eliminate anything from my diet yet, I'd rather try this first and see what happens. I guess I'm still hopeful DS will be ok and we won't have to go through all that CMPI stuff again!
    Dont blame you. There is no way I think I could do it again... fingers crossed for you. Neither of the pics you posted rang any alarm bells for me... both looked fairly normal for bf babies xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Cue  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cue, I have just seen this thread and read your OP, so haven't read all your replies, but in answer to your original question, when my babies were exclusively breastfed, every now and then they would have a green poo or the usual mustard colour with green stringy type bits through it (not unlike your photo). I asked the ABA and they told me it was something to do with the baby getting too much fore milk quickly and not enough hind milk (the rich milk) and an imbalance between those or something like that anyway.

When I found that out I would make sure bub spent longer feeding before I would change sides, just to make sure the hind milk was being consumed enough and sure enough the poos would go back to mustard colour again. I will try and find a link or some literature for you, and not just my lay man suggestion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    Cue, I have just seen this thread and read your OP, so haven't read all your replies, but in answer to your original question, when my babies were exclusively breastfed, every now and then they would have a green poo or the usual mustard colour with green stringy type bits through it (not unlike your photo). I asked the ABA and they told me it was something to do with the baby getting too much fore milk quickly and not enough hind milk (the rich milk) and an imbalance between those or something like that anyway.

When I found that out I would make sure bub spent longer feeding before I would change sides, just to make sure the hind milk was being consumed enough and sure enough the poos would go back to mustard colour again. I will try and find a link or some literature for you, and not just my lay man suggestion!
    Thanks - I have tried block feeding (have a read of the rest of the thread when you get a chance) as I thought the foremilk/hindmilk thing could have been the issue. But after seeing the LC today she's not worried about the colour and also said not to even think about foremilk/hindmilk.

It's all such a mystery, I so wish you could plug a baby into a computer and get some sort of health status output!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, if only hey, then all these little health status mysteries would be clear.
    Have now had a chance to read the rest of the thread, andI guess you can eliminate one possible thing (hind/fore milk/over supply). I hope everything turns out to be okay and not allergy/intolerance related.