+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah breastmilk is apparently easier to handle for them. I know you're not particularly enjoying BFing though so see how you go.

    I haven't cut out dairy, I wanted to keep everything normal to see how he goes. I'll only cut it out if there's an indication of CMPI.

    Gosh, this newborn caper doesn't get any easier does it!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,098
    Thanks
    4,951
    Thanked
    1,394
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Yeah breastmilk is apparently easier to handle for them. I know you're not particularly enjoying BFing though so see how you go.

    I haven't cut out dairy, I wanted to keep everything normal to see how he goes. I'll only cut it out if there's an indication of CMPI.

    Gosh, this newborn caper doesn't get any easier does it!
    Well I do like it but for selfish reasons was about to stop. I've since bought better bras and booked a personal trainer that specialises in breastfeeding mums so I'm back on track to liking it. I just felt like I needed my body back but now I'm trying to look at sharing it for DD's sake. I just wanted to feel good not all fat frumpy and booby haha

    I've tried infacol today it's amazing DD's wind is soooooi much better if your DS has wind to.

    How's DS hope he's still settled for you. 😘😘

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good on you for booking a PT! I'm planning on starting a mums & bubs exercise class after my 6wk check. I don't have much to lose really but it's more about feeling less floppy!

    DS is actually pretty efficient at burping and farting (such a boy!) so I now don't think wind is too much of an issue here. I think he just has unsettled periods from overstimulation or being overtired. He's been very settled the last few days though, despite having a stuffy nose.

    About to head to the clinic, fingers crossed for a good weight gain!!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,098
    Thanks
    4,951
    Thanked
    1,394
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cue let us know how his weight goes. Dd didn't put on weight for weeks but it's all good now.

    Never thought I'd wish for someone to actually fart more haha

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not good news unfortunately
    He hasn't regained his birth weight (will be 3 weeks old on Friday). He's had a 200g gain since discharge. It's not terrible news but I'm really disappointed. The LC wants me to start motillium and change to switch feeding to boost supply and we're also trying to improve his latch.

    Feeling really deflated and upset, why can't it just be easy.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,827
    Thanks
    5,040
    Thanked
    4,430
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs hun. It's such a hard thing to go through an intolerance and reflux and have that part of you hope and pray your next bub is that little bit easier. So completely normal to think that way.

    At least you have some advice and 200gms isn't too bad really.

    Can I ask what switch feeding is?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,202
    Thanks
    1,702
    Thanked
    2,424
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've only just seen this but both my babies were fully bf and had CMPI. The biggest symptoms were blood in stool (though it didn't happen with my second baby), mucus (snot like consistency), it smelt horrendous (bf poo's don't usually smell that bad but mine did) and they did lots and lots (30+ explosive poo's a day).

    You could always check by cutting out all dairy and soy for a week and comparing the difference..

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,098
    Thanks
    4,951
    Thanked
    1,394
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Not good news unfortunately
    He hasn't regained his birth weight (will be 3 weeks old on Friday). He's had a 200g gain since discharge. It's not terrible news but I'm really disappointed. The LC wants me to start motillium and change to switch feeding to boost supply and we're also trying to improve his latch.

    Feeling really deflated and upset, why can't it just be easy.
    Cue but dd didn't put on weight in the first 3 weeks either he might change this week? I was told the same thing? Just give it another week hun
    Well dd is back to unsettled she hasn't napped longer than 20 minutes today so I hear ya 😫

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Big hugs hun. It's such a hard thing to go through an intolerance and reflux and have that part of you hope and pray your next bub is that little bit easier. So completely normal to think that way.

    At least you have some advice and 200gms isn't too bad really.

    Can I ask what switch feeding is?
    I double checked his discharge weight (I forgot his blue book when I went to the appointment, such an idiot!) and he's actually only gained 160g. So frustrated!

    Switch feeding - basically feed on one side while he's sucking well, then switch to the other side, then burp and nappy change, then offer both sides again. Use breast compressions on the second round if he gets sleepy or lazy. The idea is to boost my supply to encourage his to feed more, she said babies are all about effort/reward so if there's extra milk there he'll get more for his effort which then encourages him to try harder. Anyhoo, I'll give it a go and see how his weight goes. Follow up appointment on Tuesday.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I've only just seen this but both my babies were fully bf and had CMPI. The biggest symptoms were blood in stool (though it didn't happen with my second baby), mucus (snot like consistency), it smelt horrendous (bf poo's don't usually smell that bad but mine did) and they did lots and lots (30+ explosive poo's a day).

    You could always check by cutting out all dairy and soy for a week and comparing the difference..
    I feel for you, I was terrified of having another CMPI baby. The LC doesn't think it's an issue with DS though, she said his poop is all within what she considers normal and thinks the poor weight gain is just a latch/supply issue that we can sort out. I'm hoping she's right! I don't want to eliminate anything from my diet yet, I'd rather try this first and see what happens. I guess I'm still hopeful DS will be ok and we won't have to go through all that CMPI stuff again!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

    RipperRita  (13-08-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 18:31
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-12-2013, 17:47
  3. Warning against chiro's for babies..
    By VicPark in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 30-09-2013, 11:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!