+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've started only offering one side at each feed in case of a foremilk issue. I just started today so I'll see how that goes. He does get a bit windy as well.

I think he might have caught DDs cold too, he sounds a bit stuffy and is extra sleepy today.

I have an appointment with a lactation consultant on Wednesday at the early childhood clinic. I am looking forward to getting him weighed but super nervous about it too - poor weight gain was one of the more worrying issues we had with DD in the early days. I think I might just burst into tears on the spot if his weight gain is too low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs I know how hard the elimination diet is. I have been dairy and soy free for 11 months. Do what's best for you and bub. I would suggest seeing how the foremilk thing goes because I also tried that first too. It was pretty obvious within a few weeks that wasn't the case for us. I just think the longer he gets used to the yummy breastmilk the harder neocate will be. My dd flat out refused! Is he throwing up at all? My dd would throw up her entire feed and then want to feed more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    11 months of dairy & soy free, that's dedication! I cracked after just a couple of weeks with DD. Thankfully we didn't have any issues getting DD onto Neocate, she guzzled it! I think she was super hungry.

He doesn't throw up much at all, just the occasional little spew if he has a big feed (usually when my breast is particularly full).

So after a day of block feeding his poo looks like this:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407729751.168293.jpg

There's a bit of mucous in it but I think that could be from the cold he's picked up from DD. The colour looks much better to me and he's been quite settled over the last 24hrs. I'll persist with the lock feeding and see if the green comes back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great news! Yes that poo looks heaps better. A good sign that he doesn't throw up that much either. Crossing my fingers that's it's just the foremilk issue xoxo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Cue  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another really settled night last night and day today with normal poop. Yay! He had a big sleep this morning from about 8am to 11:30am, my left side was so full and sore by the time he finally fed (I did the morning feed on the right) and it's still a bit achy now - I think I'll need to be careful of that.

Appointment at the clinic with the LC tomorrow, nervous about the weigh-in and really hoping he's gained enough weight. Will be good to get some advice on where to go from here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    That's great Cue!!! I have all of my fingers and toes crossed for you that he's not CMPI. You deserve a break from that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Cue  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup here we go again looks like I have another fun reflux baby again! Devastated

Cue are you exclusively breastfeeding? I've been doing both but I think I have to go back to exclusive as she has all the reflux symptoms dd1 had

She has been crying for 2 hours straight abs right now is laying on my chest with that gulp sound.

I'm hoping breastfeeding makes things better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    yup here we go again looks like I have another fun reflux baby again! Devastated

Cue are you exclusively breastfeeding? I've been doing both but I think I have to go back to exclusive as she has all the reflux symptoms dd1 had

She has been crying for 2 hours straight abs right now is laying on my chest with that gulp sound.

I'm hoping breastfeeding makes things better
    Oh no! I hope it's not reflux. DS did that on Saturday night, cried for ages and had all the signs of reflux. But he has been quite settled since then so I'm hoping it was just a normal unsettled period. I think we tend to jump to worst case scenario thanks to previous experience.

I am exclusively breastfeeding, DS seems to be feeding well and my supply appears to be keeping up so I'm sticking to BFing for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I need to just breastfeed as I may be confusing her belly. See how I go. Paed on Tuesday so I have time to switch back exclusively to see if things improve be fore seeing doc.

Have you cut out dairy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway that went well she's back to settled. Who would've thought my boobs would do this. DD1 was complete opposite and goat helped her not boob.