+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Last nap of the day for 4 month old

DD is just 4 months. She is a catnapper and has 5 x 40 minute sleeps per day. We are in the 4 month sleep regression so I won't even start on night time sleep however her last nap of the day is very hard to get her to stay asleep. For her second to last nap, she wakes around 5pm so we put her down again around 6.30pm and she will happily drift off but she won't stay asleep. If she goes to bed for the night at 8pm, she goes down easy and doesn't stir but if it's any earlier or later than 8pm she tends to treat it as a catnap and needs a lot of resettling 40 minutes later. Would you suggest dropping this evening nap and aiming for a 7pm bedtime if her last nap ends around 5pm? Her usual awake time is 90 mins. We also have a 3 year old DS who goes to bed at 6.30pm and an 8 year old DS who goes to bed around 7.30pm so our evenings are a bit chaotic. I dont remember the boys having such a late nap and I'm wondering if she is trying to tell us she doesn't want to sleep.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you're on the right track, definitely try going from 5-4 naps per day then try going to 3 when nearer to 6 months. I had the exact same issue with DD and she didn't outgrow catnapping til she was over a year old. Frustrating!

Similar Threads

1. 18 month old in a bed
    By malis in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 17:05
  2. Is 4 bfs enough for 8 month old?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 07:39
  3. Plane activities for 8 month and 23 month olds???
    By bigZ in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 08:13