+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Um if she were really interested, she MIGHT have actually posted it in the non-vax area, so the non-vaxxers could post.... (without being flamed (in a perfect world)) I think it was pure $hit $tirring.
    I think OP is one of the members least likely to $hit $tir on the whole hub. I think she did the right thing - read another thread, chose not to hijack it, wanted to ask a question, asked it in the appropriate spot. I say appropriate, because she said she was pro-vax, so posted in a pro-vax section. On the whole people responded respectfully, and without aggression. Yr comments are coming across as very aggressive - perhaps it's an attempt to show how it feels to ask a simple question and have people with opposing philosophies come onto 'your turf' and be aggressive or rude? Not sure.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, and there's clearly a lot of history behind your feelings and comments tonight. But that's not OP's fault. If you see a thread/comment that you think goes against forum rules, report it. That's what the function is there for.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2014),Donnab739  (14-08-2014),MissMuppet  (11-08-2014),MsViking  (10-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),Purple Lily  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),RastaMouse  (10-08-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Well, as a pro vaxxer, when you ask questions in a non vax thread you get whinged at.
    But rl&p, YOU wouldn't have been answering, would you, not being a non-vaxxer and all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Thank you for reading my mind and speaking on my behalf. The truth is I was learning something UNTIL you started posting in this thread.

Really, you need a cup of tea and a good lay down hey.

I have plenty of ideas about raising kids etc etc BUT because I am comfortable with my decisions I don't feel the need to go ramming them down other peoples throats. Maybe you should spend some time being completely comfortable with your beliefs then you really wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself so appallingly.
    I think you're a lovely hubber but this is just harsh. Milking maid is a lovely hubber too and I HATE this side of the hub. All so unecessary

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    But rl&p, YOU wouldn't have been answering, would you, not being a non-vaxxer and all...
    Possibly, but I would have kept it simple ie:
    Allergies
    Other medical reasons
    Religious reasons
    Google lead them astray

That's not my point though, you either want pro vaxxers to stay out of the non vax section or you don't. Mokeybear is pro vax.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I think OP is one of the members least likely to $hit $tir on the whole hub. I think she did the right thing - read another thread, chose not to hijack it, wanted to ask a question, asked it in the appropriate spot. I say appropriate, because she said she was pro-vax, so posted in a pro-vax section. On the whole people responded respectfully, and without aggression. Yr comments are coming across as very aggressive - perhaps it's an attempt to show how it feels to ask a simple question and have people with opposing philosophies come onto 'your turf' and be aggressive or rude? Not sure.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, and there's clearly a lot of history behind your feelings and comments tonight. But that's not OP's fault. If you see a thread/comment that you think goes against forum rules, report it. That's what the function is there for.
    Thanks Harvs! I was just thinking to myself how friggen unlikely it would be for me to start a **** stirring thread!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't mean it personally OP, it did seem kinda wierd to ask a question of non-vaxxers in a pro vax section is all, and tonight I guess was the straw that broke the camels back of as I said months and months and months of non-vax bashing, your thread was an obvious vehicle for it to continue unabated, and I wasn't willing for it to go unnoticed.

I concede you are not a person to post **** stirringly, so sorry for that, I think it was unintentional, but really left it wide open to the vaxxers to have a good go.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (10-08-2014),RastaMouse  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MilkingMaid, as identified in my post, those are my thought about the subject. I was not 'bashing' anyone and am entitled to my opinion. If you are offended I suggest you report the post for being offensive rather than rant on in a section that you have little interest in. I am new on here and sincerely apologise if I have caused hurt or distress, that was not my intent. The way you have attacked my post demonstrates a lack of respect for others on the forum and is downright bullying in its tactic.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Possibly, but I would have kept it simple ie:
    Allergies
    Other medical reasons
    Religious reasons
    Google lead them astray

That's not my point though, you either want pro vaxxers to stay out of the non vax section or you don't. Mokeybear is pro vax.
    OK Fair enough. I've done my dash for the night, annoyed the cr@p out of enough people (for a reason though) and I'll go back to my nice and hopefully helpful posting.... that is what I try for 99% of the time, sorry to upset you @misskittyfantastico I'm not wanting to be a b!tch, but point out an inequality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @MilkingMaid, as identified in my post, those are my thought about the subject. I was not 'bashing' anyone and am entitled to my opinion. If you are offended I suggest you report the post for being offensive rather than rant on in a section that you have little interest in. I am new on here and sincerely apologise if I have caused hurt or distress, that was not my intent. The way you have attacked my post demonstrates a lack of respect for others on the forum and is downright bullying in its tactic.
    Wrong place wrong time for you sorry, not personal, trying to get a message across in no uncertain terms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In amongst the argument, there have been lots of real-life reasons why people choose not to vaccinate their kids.

For those who wonder why many, including myself, have trouble simply respecting that as a personal parenting choice, and instead choose to question and argue the issue? For me, it's a combination of community impact and scientific evidence.

It's one thing to hold a belief which goes against scientific evidence and/or reasonable argument, but it's another to do so where that belief can affect the health of the wider community.

I think that this article is particularly relevant, though I know others won't agree.

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-...r-opinion-9978

As far as I'm concerned, sure... you can believe whatever you like (in that, nobody can force you to change your mind). However, I don't think you're entitled to have that belief unquestioningly respected. EVERYTHING should be open to scrutiny. It's how we learn, and how we improve our own understanding of the world.
    Last edited by Renn; 10-08-2014 at 21:29. Reason: removed misleading info

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2014),BettyW  (10-08-2014),Ellewood  (10-08-2014),LaDiDah  (10-08-2014),MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014),MissMuppet  (11-08-2014),MsViking  (10-08-2014),NoteToSelf  (10-08-2014),snowqu33n  (10-08-2014)