+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh for crying out loud if you don't like being called out for not vaccinating your kid don't read a thread in the pro-vaxx ing section! It's just asking for trouble!
    Sh!t go read the thread in the pro-non vaxxing section for crying out loud! Its blatently obvious that its perfectly ok to bash it up in that section but here its all "Oh no! This is the pro-vaxxing secting" cue people with angry pitchforks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    It's the pro-vaccination section.

Would be completely different if OP had posted in the pro-non vax section asking "why on earth don't you people vax".

I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming that she is genuinely interested in reasons against vaccination, which most posters have answered appropriately.

People who have children/family members that have contracted vaccine preventable diseases are understandingly going to feel very strongly about the issue.
    Thank you it was a genuine question, I was interested in why people choose not to as I always have and it hasn't really entered my mind not to. Just curious really and hoping to think about the other side of the debate really.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    But your choice to breastfeed or not won't impact the community's health/safety whereas choosing not to vaccinate your children, may have a very serious, even deadly impact on others.
    So that gives you the right to bash me for not agreeing with you, when legally I am completely entitled to make my own decision about it? I don't think so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Sh!t go read the thread in the pro-non vaxxing section for crying out loud! Its blatently obvious that its perfectly ok to bash it up in that section but here its all "Oh no! This is the pro-vaxxing secting" cue people with angry pitchforks.
    I don't agree with that either it's why I don't comment in that thread even though I wanted to

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Or alternatively people just need to harden up and not go in thread sections that are so obviously not up their alley..
    Harden up hey? haha tell that to every formula feeder on this forum who has (quite rightly) been pi$$ed off to the max by people disrespecting their choices. EVERY other subset of parental choice is respected on here, except non-vaxxing, it's bull$hit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    To be honest talking about both threads on vaxx today... I think it's a bit of a pu$$y move putting them in 'protected' areas. Harden up people and have the balls to back your stance!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2014),LaDiDah  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),snowqu33n  (10-08-2014),Wise Enough  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    I started reading this thread because I am genuinely curious, I see it as an opportunity to learn, not to feel self righteous as I am pro vax.

Please be kind, I am so interested in other people's beliefs.
    This was me too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Well some people most certainly do believe that ff impacts childrens health adversely, and the health of the world as a whole and the costs of our health systems, so there could possibly be parrallels drawn there is someone wanted to to go there....

But, as a rule, we don't. We allow the parents to make informed decisions, as the law says we can for vaxxing...
    Well, just as you believe vaxxing will cause more harm than good, so too do people very strongly feel that the community's health needs outweigh individual concerns particularly where the bulk of scientific evidence does not support your opinion. You are in the minority whether you like it or not. So if you're making choices that go against the grain, especially when those choices can so severely impact others who have no choice and rely on herd immunity, you might just have to also accept the fact that most people are going to disagree with you. Nobody here has disrespected you, or name-called, or been abusive. They've just disagreed, strongly.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-08-2014),beebs  (14-08-2014),KitiK  (10-08-2014),LaDiDah  (10-08-2014),M'LadyEm  (10-08-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),RastaMouse  (10-08-2014),snowqu33n  (10-08-2014),Wise Enough  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    To be honest talking about both threads on vaxx today... I think it's a bit of a pu$$y move putting them in 'protected' areas. Harden up people and have the balls to back your stance!
    Again.... Formula vs Breastfeeding hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    So that gives you the right to bash me for not agreeing with you, when legally I am completely entitled to make my own decision about it? I don't think so.
    Bashed you? Really?