+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *hugs MM* i get where you are coming from.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Possibly, but I would have kept it simple ie:
    Allergies
    Other medical reasons
    Religious reasons
    Google lead them astray

That's not my point though, you either want pro vaxxers to stay out of the non vax section or you don't. Mokeybear is pro vax.
    That's exactly what I managed to post in the pro vax section as a non vaxer, why cant people show the same self restraint when the boot is on the other foot?

Monkeybear I admit I have no idea of your usual posting style as I've had to have a bit of time away from the hub due to illness so I did assume you'd simply posted in the wrong section which was why I initially came in here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just didn't think about it that hard at all but when I read VPs comment that it should have been in a general area I tended to agree with her. In highsight though, it was never going to be a productive thread, it's too emotive a topic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    That's exactly what I managed to post in the pro vax section as a non vaxer, why cant people show the same self restraint when the boot is on the other foot?
    I think the same cycle here happens in other heated topics. People make passionate (but maybe not offensive) comments. In this case some feel it doesn't just affect one child but the entire community. Others on the receiving end are sick of the backlash and maybe get overly angry bc it's a cumulative thing (and I've been there btw) and lash out - maybe half deservedly half not. People replying become angry that expressing their opinion has copped them an angry lecture and they fire back. Rinse and repeat.

I've learned to hit the X when threads make me overly annoyed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dunno. People who dont like cats and dogs cop a beating around here too!

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (10-08-2014),btmacxxx  (11-08-2014),delirium  (10-08-2014),Fiery  (10-08-2014),FrothyFrog  (10-08-2014),harvs  (10-08-2014),Jodes35  (10-08-2014),JR03  (10-08-2014),LoveLivesHere  (10-08-2014),MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014),Mokeybear  (10-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),peonies  (10-08-2014),Purple Lily  (10-08-2014),sky1  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post

Monkeybear I admit I have no idea of your usual posting style as I've had to have a bit of time away from the hub due to illness so I did assume you'd simply posted in the wrong section which was why I initially came in here.
    I keep my comments pretty neutral in the non vax section. I was simply asking questions out of curiosity, which I appreciated you answering.
    The worst part is, the most vocal non vaxxers are the tin foil hat kind so that's what many people base their opinions on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    You richly deserved that! Fancy not loving and having many many cats!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol

OP - I personally don't like the fact that vaxx are loaded with preservatives and seemingly unnecessary ingredients. That was the main reason why I hesitated at first and read stuff on the internet when we had to make decisions for ds. But we weighed up pros and cons with chances of life threatening reactions occurring with vaxx we decided to vaccinate him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to peonies For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (10-08-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think the same cycle here happens in other heated topics. People make passionate (but maybe not offensive) comments. In this case some feel it doesn't just affect one child but the entire community. Others on the receiving end are sick of the backlash and maybe get overly angry bc it's a cumulative thing (and I've been there btw) and lash out - maybe half deservedly half not. People replying become angry that expressing their opinion has copped them an angry lecture and they fire back. Rinse and repeat.

I've learned to hit the X when threads make me overly annoyed.
    I have to admkt to not going into the formula section at all usually (I did answer a q in there the other day about water boiling) so I just dont see any of the issues that arise there, I've even been out of the breastfeeding section lately as I am just over it after getting my boobs out for so long I need a break. I do believe these areas are well moderated though, which I feel is something this area lacks and yes I do find it frustrating, I am very comfortable with my decision but I feel a lot of people are scared away from this section due to some posts and I dont believe thats ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I keep my comments pretty neutral in the non vax section. I was simply asking questions out of curiosity, which I appreciated you answering.
    The worst part is, the most vocal non vaxxers are the tin foil hat kind so that's what many people base their opinions on.
    Thats why I answered you
    Well I don't like either :P

15. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    In amongst the argument, there have been lots of real-life reasons why people choose not to vaccinate their kids.

For those who wonder why many, including myself, have trouble simply respecting that as a personal parenting choice, and instead choose to question and argue the issue? For me, it's a combination of community impact and scientific evidence.

It's one thing to hold a belief which goes against scientific evidence and/or reasonable argument, but it's another to do so where that belief can affect the health of the wider community.

I think that this article (not at all about vaccinations!) is particularly relevant, though I know others won't agree.

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-...r-opinion-9978

As far as I'm concerned, sure... you can believe whatever you like (in that, nobody can force you to change your mind). However, I don't think you're entitled to have that belief unquestioningly respected. EVERYTHING should be open to scrutiny. It's how we learn, and how we improve our own understanding of the world.
    Fantastic article, thanks for sharing.