+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MayoBean View Post
    Express some first and then try bub on the boob... sounds like she is just getting the foremilk and not the hind milk. Foremilk is quite watery and sweet and can give bub a tummy ache when they have too much (think skim milk) Hind milk is the fatty stuff (think full cream milk) and will fill bub up.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was afraid it might be this I can't even see straight at 3am let alone pump then bf lol

How much do I pump first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Karrinyup DJs has Hot Milk mat bras.

They have been my saviour. They're trendy and make my boobs look perky
    My local yay ๐ŸŽ‰ will go tomorow !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I was afraid it might be this I can't even see straight at 3am let alone pump then bf lol

How much do I pump first?
    Depends on how much foremilk you have...

Midwives and such say to feed for so long on one side and then to swap to the other one but I wouldn't if thats what you are doing. Id be inclined to feed bub from the same side twice. So one feed you just stick to a side and then the next feed you do that boob again. Then change boobs after the second time (am I making sense? Lol) thats just to make sure youve emptied the boob properly and bub isnt just getting more of one type of milk.

Thanks
    Reviews

Midwives and such say to feed for so long on one side and then to swap to the other one but I wouldn't if thats what you are doing. Id be inclined to feed bub from the same side twice. So one feed you just stick to a side and then the next feed you do that boob again. Then change boobs after the second time (am I making sense? Lol) thats just to make sure youve emptied the boob properly and bub isnt just getting more of one type of milk.

I was doing this but then starting swapping I'll have to go back to one boob at a time !! Thanks mayo

Thanks
    Reviews

This @LoCo. I've always had an abundance of milk. I could use the same boob for 4-6hrs of feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also you swap to boost milk, block to reduce quantity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    It's called block feeding so within a certain period (I can't remember exactly, I think it's 3 hours) no matter how many times she feeds or for how long, you give the same side and then switch after that to the other side for the next time period.

As for the ties, it's best to get checked by an IBCLC. The upper lip tie is quite easy, if she has a tie when you lift her top lip the frenulum should attach at the top of the gum, if it's lower (my son's went all the way to the bottom of his gum!) then it stops the lip from flanging out properly. As for the tongue tie it's harder to tell but basically a tie is when the frenulum connects too far forward. My son's was pulling his tongue down in the middle when he cried (easiest to see when they're crying). Dr. Tim Johnston at iKids dental in Fremantle lasered my son's ties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I was doing this but then starting swapping I'll have to go back to one boob at a time !! Thanks mayo
    No worries hun. It was hard when we started. I had the same problem when dd was little but It gets easier believe me, particularly when your body figures out how much of what milk your baby needs!! hang in there hun, hard I know but you can do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the bra tips bought them yesterday.

I have decided against mixed feeding and have switched back to exclusively breastfeeding. Bubs belly does a bit better on it "I think" as formula seems to be giving her even worse wind and maybe reflux

Oh well looks like it's goal setting for me. Well I've hit a month next for the 8 week mark๐Ÿ‘

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

foggy  (13-08-2014),HappyBovinexx  (13-08-2014),misho  (13-08-2014),misskittyfantastico  (13-08-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-08-2014),Stretched  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to say good luck LoCo! I know how hard breastfeeding is!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (13-08-2014)