+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I used to adore breastfeeding...in the beginning. Tongue and upper lip ties, breast refusal and failure to thrive changed that. These days thanks to formula he's gained weight but I'm supposed to offer him the breast first and he screams and won't latch properly. All in all I don't know if it's better or worse than the hour long feeds at the beginning!

Nobody ever told me it would be this hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Woah so much to look up thanks girls for every useful reply.

I'm in Perth. I'm not wearing good bras I think this may be a big problem.
    See if you can go see the Breastfeeding Centre of WA. They're at KEMH and usually reserved for people who birthed there but if you're desperate they might get you in. Absolutely one of the best breastfeeding resources I've come across.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I got all excited about this. I need a wire but a soft one... to find they only go to E cup... sighs. Will have to do some homework, thanks.
    @delirium

Have a look at Blest Bras, they do bigger sizes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I think posting here could help others then.

So did you breastfeed at certain times then FF at other times? How did you plan it out? Is it possible then for me to breastfeed at night and formula feed during the day? Or will that confuse my bazookas lol
    With my first, I topped up with formula after most feeds (because she was still hungry). I had low supply and was doing all sorts of things to boost it, ended IP on motilium at 4 months but (now realise) not a high enough dose to EBF. It was a PITA because every feed you'd have to have a bottle ready to go.

With my 2nd I started the whole pumping, topping up etc regimen again but it was just once again making my breastfeeding experience a negative one. So, once the higher dose of motilium kicked in I could have EBF, but I realised that just swapping one feed a day for formula made me feel like I had a little bit if freedom. I tried it at different times of the day to see if it would help sleep (it didn't) but would generally give it midmorning as that's when I'd be home most days.

As it seems your supply is quite good, if you want to try but not let your supply be impacted, I would try pumping just after giving a bottle of formula, that way you will keep up the demand.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you say supportive bra can that be wired? I just can't find a bf bra that's supportive gosh you need a degree to breastfeed I swear
    Expensive but Lorna Jane sport bras...super supportive! I know a girl who had a boob job and her boobs can't bounce at all when exercising why they heal and she wears two sports bras to keep them still. One of the fitness instructors at the gym wore Lorna Jane sports bras when she was breastfeeding and her boobs were huge and sore so she wore LJ to stop her boobs from moving and hurting.
    They're not specific for bf'ing obviously but they are crop top style so you could move it around to bf...or just wear it for exercising.
    Last edited by Full House; 11-08-2014 at 12:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fed from 3am to 4am and she was screaming from 4-430 then I gave her a bottle. My breast is just never enough and she's starving but I have enough milk I squirt everywhere for gds sake

This is hard

So many layers to breastfeeding. When I think I've got it something else arises!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Has she been checked for a tongue and upper lip tie by an IBCLC, @LoCo? It really sounds like she could have one or both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Express some first and then try bub on the boob... sounds like she is just getting the foremilk and not the hind milk. Foremilk is quite watery and sweet and can give bub a tummy ache when they have too much (think skim milk) Hind milk is the fatty stuff (think full cream milk) and will fill bub up.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woah so much to look up thanks girls for every useful reply.

I'm in Perth. I'm not wearing good bras I think this may be a big problem.
    Karrinyup DJs has Hot Milk mat bras.

They have been my saviour. They're trendy and make my boobs look perky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Has she been checked for a tongue and upper lip tie by an IBCLC, @LoCo? It really sounds like she could have one or both.
    I thought they would've checked this as she had a zillion tests done in neo natal at birth. I'll have to ask. Can I check for it? What is it?