+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Did you just alternate each feed? If it helps to breastfeed longer it may be the answer
    I formula fed initially one bottle at bedtime (7pm). I started this from three months, so my supply had been established and settled so I wasn't as worried about nipple confusion and mastitis and I stuck with just one formula feed for two weeks and then added another one at one of her night wakeups and by five months all her night feeds were formula and day feeds were breast feeds.

Oh and it took me three different formulas before I found one she liked and would drink (little fussy pants!)

Now there are some great teats that mimic breastfeeding more closely (My third bub was prem and went home on EBM bottles using the medela Calma teats and eventually transitioned to the breast without nipple confusion) so they may be worth checking out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you in Melbourne or Brisbane by any chance Loco?

ABA have physical stores in those cities so you could get properly fitted for a really good maternity bra which might help you feeling more comfortable?

My friend kept getting mastitis and went to the ABA shop, she was wearing the wrong size bra, got fitted properly and has not had mastitis since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarah lynn do flexi wired bras (I live in Darwin tho so not sure if where you are has that store). I haven't seen any in bras and things and other ones like that but the lingerie boutiques have them.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a wireless Victoria's Secret bra that supports and looks sexy, I hadn't been wearing it but put it on the other day because I was wearing a dress that the nursing bra looked ridiculous in and I was just sick of it. I often breastfeed at home alone so I don't really need the convenience of the nursing bra all of the time. I was shocked at how great my breasts looked-I even took a photo for a friend! Where had they been hiding?! Under a grandma bra that's where! Victoria's Secret delivers to OZ if you'd like the style of the bra?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    These are wired and they ship to Australia. I don't know what the sizing is like though.

http://www.hotmilklingerie.com/colle...bras/flexiwire
    I got all excited about this. I need a wire but a soft one... to find they only go to E cup... sighs. Will have to do some homework, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dita Von Teese has just launched a line of nursing bras too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I use the Anita brand of underwire nursing bras. Cost about $110 each but have lasted 3 pregnancies (3 x 12 months of breastfeeding). Well worth it. I am an E or F when breast feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try bras n things. I know, I know..... I hadn't even stepped into one of their stores since I was a teenager but they have a feeding bra with a removable underwire. I started using them when bub was about 4 months old and I have always left the wire in. I find that the wire is supportive but it kind of sits about 1-2cm below my boob. It has never interfered with my supply or caused any probs. I have size DD boobs and I LOVE these bras!
    I regards to the other stuff..... I personally think that if you are feeling really conflicted you should just keep doing what you are doing now and reassess in a few weeks. If you want to stop then stop but if you are so unsure then I worry that you will regret your choice. Don't look at it as deciding to keep BF, just decide later.
    I don't know if this will help or scare you but I found that at 4 weeks I was a bit of a mess hormonally. At 6 weeks I had a breakdown! Then at 4 and 6 months I had a tough time too. It was all definitely hormonal for me. So based on that experience I think you should reassess at about 5 or 8 weeks! Either way you are currently doing one of the most difficult things a person will ever do. Recovering from growing a human while looking after a little baby is bloody hard work!!!! Be kind to yourself and take a little time to feel proud of what you have accomplished so far. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Well I think posting here could help others then.

So did you breastfeed at certain times then FF at other times? How did you plan it out? Is it possible then for me to breastfeed at night and formula feed during the day? Or will that confuse my bazookas lol
    Due to pressure from my doctor I fed my dd one bottle of formula a day and ended up breastfeeding till twelve months.
    We choose to feed her after lunch for the formula so she still went to bed and woke up with boob. As she got older and dropped her feeds it allowed me more freedom to go out during the day and leave her with dad or grandparents to feed.
    We didn't start till she was about twelve weeks old and it was by far one of the worst things I've ever had to do at the time. I had endured two bouts of mastitis and cracked bleeding nipples a baby who wouldn't gain weight and immense pressure from doctors and felt like a failure.
    But it allowed me a break and stopped me from hiding at home as feeding in public was near impossible.

Sent from my MB526 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Woah so much to look up thanks girls for every useful reply.

I'm in Perth. I'm not wearing good bras I think this may be a big problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast