+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hated it the first 8 weeks. I couldn't get it to stop hurting no matter what position I tried, tongue tie getting snipped, etc.. He fed every two hours and it all just felt exhausting and relentless. Every day I said I'd quit but like you just kept going. I'd say I'm just going finish the week, make it to three months, etc.. Then around 8 weeks it just got a lot easier. I still find it hard sometimes, like during growth spurts, but for me, I think formula feeding would be harder. At least right now when he wakes to eat I just pop him on and we're both back to sleep within 20 mins. If I had to get a bottle ready in the middle of the night I think it'd be such a pain.

Do what's best for you though, if you want to stop then do--it's f*cking hard sometimes!

Is the bednest still helping?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    PS: have you tried the vertical position to help her cope with your flow?

Also I've just read all the posts--go easy on yourself, it's only been four weeks, your body's still working it's way back to normal.

I thought about mix-feeding as well but could just never be bothered in the end. As hard as it was breastfeeding, I felt really daunted by trying to figure out how to mix-feed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The breast feeding hormones are telling you to keep going. Once you push past that and stop you think so much clearer and think "now why was that so hard".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Does anyone come out of breastfeeding without real saggers to? My boobs are going to be SO saggy after all this sucking

See..gosh I'm selfish
    I've fed 2 kids 17@18mths each and mine are still pointing north.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Yep no worries. I'm always happy to answer any questions. I mixed fed as 'top ups' with my first and replaced whole feeds with my second. I feel that mixed feeding actually helped me to breastfeed for longer, if that makes sense? So sharing my mixed feeding experience is generally intended as a breastfeeding support.
    Well I think posting here could help others then.

So did you breastfeed at certain times then FF at other times? How did you plan it out? Is it possible then for me to breastfeed at night and formula feed during the day? Or will that confuse my bazookas lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I hated it the first 8 weeks. I couldn't get it to stop hurting no matter what position I tried, tongue tie getting snipped, etc.. He fed every two hours and it all just felt exhausting and relentless. Every day I said I'd quit but like you just kept going. I'd say I'm just going finish the week, make it to three months, etc.. Then around 8 weeks it just got a lot easier. I still find it hard sometimes, like during growth spurts, but for me, I think formula feeding would be harder. At least right now when he wakes to eat I just pop him on and we're both back to sleep within 20 mins. If I had to get a bottle ready in the middle of the night I think it'd be such a pain.

Do what's best for you though, if you want to stop then do--it's f*cking hard sometimes!

Is the bednest still helping?
    The Bednest is a godsend you are a co sleeping angel! Best purchase ever!!!!

That's why I'm hoping to bf at night and ff through the day but it may be to early maybe I'm being impatient

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Same here. I mix fed my first from three months until she fully weaned at 10 months and I definitely think mix feeding allowed us to breastfeed for longer so I think it's totally appropriate to ask/answer mix feeding questions in this thread @LoCo
    Did you just alternate each feed? If it helps to breastfeed longer it may be the answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    My first I swore I was only feeding until 3 months max, then no longer than 6 months, then I'd stop if she had allergies....she had several! I stopped at 14 months, pregnant with my second
    I never hated bf'ing again until my third. From 6 months to 12 months I HATED feeding him. I was so touched out with three under four and just wanted my body to be mine. The only thing that stopped me was that I felt bad stopping when I didn't stop for his older siblings. From 12 months on I loved it again but those 6 months were hard.

As for your issues, my boobs only got big with my first...I made sure I exercised with a supportive bra, and wore breast pads for the first three months. Breastfeeding didn't impact my exercise because things seriously settled down after the first 6 weeks, enabling me to work out again.
    Overall I bf for 4 1/2 years. My boobs aren't saggy. They aren't quite as perky as they were before I had three babies but it's not like I have to stuff them in to my bra or anything.
    The decision is yours, but if you're finding it too difficult to give up now give yourself small goals and reassess at each small goal. So it feels too hard to give up now, see how you feel when she's 6 weeks old.
    Also google purple crying, it's an interesting concept
    When you say supportive bra can that be wired? I just can't find a bf bra that's supportive gosh you need a degree to breastfeed I swear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    When you say supportive bra can that be wired? I just can't find a bf bra that's supportive gosh you need a degree to breastfeed I swear
    You can get soft wired breastfeeding bras

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MayoBean View Post
    You can get soft wired breastfeeding bras

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Omg where from? Do you know a brand? Why do I not know any of this? 😞

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast