+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Well that's only anecdotal, but all my friends and family are bottle feeders and find after 2 kids their boobs are saggy. I also think it depends how big they are. I have big ones lol

This is your first baby?
    2nd baby and I have big boobs to *sigh* oh well better get use to the idea then.
    I'm not normally so shallow but am really low in self esteem after this baby. My body has changed SO much. Not feeling very pretty let me give you the tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    2nd baby and I have big boobs to *sigh* oh well better get use to the idea then.
    I'm not normally so shallow but am really low in self esteem after this baby. My body has changed SO much. Not feeling very pretty let me give you the tip.
    I hear you. My body bounced back really well after my first..... not so well after the 2nd. I'm on my 3rd now so I have no hope

If you aren't overly saggy after the birth then you probably have a good chance of keeping them ok. Mine were wrecked by your stage.

I don't think it's shallow at all. Just normal

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks delirium 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh hun, you JUST gave birth four weeks ago - try to go gently on yourself I know it's hard but try to remember your body spent nine months housing and growing another human and it will take time for it to get back to normal.

In terms of whether you continue breastfeeding or decide to mix feed or formula feed full time, that's your decision and your bub will have a happy, full tummy which ever way you feed her. I know personally, it took 6-8 weeks for my boobs to settle with each baby and then the engorgement and leaking and massive letdown eased a lot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anyway I want to stop but just can't it's like this weird addiction. Wish I could do it part time. I wonder if I wait a few more weeks for the pain and soreness to go.
    I swore I would give up at the first sign of trouble with my 2nd, but seriously some weird instinct kicked in and giving up was so much harder than I thought. I mixed fed til 10 months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the leaking and squirting stop to?
    Stopped for me around 6 weeks when supply settled down.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I swore I would give up at the first sign of trouble with my 2nd, but seriously some weird instinct kicked in and giving up was so much harder than I thought. I mixed fed til 10 months.
    Is that what it is then. My instincts fighting against each other.

Every day I say right I'll start the process today then I just can't do it. I look at her and feel bad for taking the only thing she loves right now - my nipples

Ok I'll keep at it until my 6 week app and see where my instincts are then.
    Thanks for the support all.

Stretched can I pm you on how to mix feed? I don't want this section to throw me out for discussion something OT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first I swore I was only feeding until 3 months max, then no longer than 6 months, then I'd stop if she had allergies....she had several! I stopped at 14 months, pregnant with my second
    I never hated bf'ing again until my third. From 6 months to 12 months I HATED feeding him. I was so touched out with three under four and just wanted my body to be mine. The only thing that stopped me was that I felt bad stopping when I didn't stop for his older siblings. From 12 months on I loved it again but those 6 months were hard.

As for your issues, my boobs only got big with my first...I made sure I exercised with a supportive bra, and wore breast pads for the first three months. Breastfeeding didn't impact my exercise because things seriously settled down after the first 6 weeks, enabling me to work out again.
    Overall I bf for 4 1/2 years. My boobs aren't saggy. They aren't quite as perky as they were before I had three babies but it's not like I have to stuff them in to my bra or anything.
    The decision is yours, but if you're finding it too difficult to give up now give yourself small goals and reassess at each small goal. So it feels too hard to give up now, see how you feel when she's 6 weeks old.
    Also google purple crying, it's an interesting concept

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is that what it is then. My instincts fighting against each other.

Every day I say right I'll start the process today then I just can't do it. I look at her and feel bad for taking the only thing she loves right now - my nipples

Ok I'll keep at it until my 6 week app and see where my instincts are then.
    Thanks for the support all.

Stretched can I pm you on how to mix feed? I don't want this section to throw me out for discussion something OT.
    Yep no worries. I'm always happy to answer any questions. I mixed fed as 'top ups' with my first and replaced whole feeds with my second. I feel that mixed feeding actually helped me to breastfeed for longer, if that makes sense? So sharing my mixed feeding experience is generally intended as a breastfeeding support.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I feel that mixed feeding actually helped me to breastfeed for longer, if that makes sense? So sharing my mixed feeding experience is generally intended as a breastfeeding support.
    Same here. I mix fed my first from three months until she fully weaned at 10 months and I definitely think mix feeding allowed us to breastfeed for longer so I think it's totally appropriate to ask/answer mix feeding questions in this thread @LoCo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)