+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't want to breastfeed anymore :(

I am selfish!

It's only been 4 weeks and I don't want to do it anymore but I can't bring myself to stop that look In her eyes when she's drinking or that milk drunk at the end gets me every time😫

My heart wants to keep going but my head just doesn't. I'm torn!

My boobs are sore and so big. I have oversupply causing her wind, I am constantly uncomfortable! I can't breastfeed when out.

I want to RUN! I want to lose weight! I want to go on a diet! I want to jump! I want to exercise! I want to wear a wire bra. I feel so yuck and so overweight I have no confidence at all! I can't even play with my toddler! She can't even hug me because of my sore lumpy boobs.

*sigh*

Breastfeeding is so hard you girls are just amazing. How can you love something so much you hate it I'm not normal!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just do what's best for you and bubs. 😘
    If you're not happy she will be able to feel that.

Hugs xox

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummykate28 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    You're doing your best! I also want to do all of those things. The funny thing is, my DP and I are eating really healthy right now and exercising because I wanted to lose the baby weight and she wants to get fit. I eat heaps more than her and am nowhere near as strict on healthy eating but I'm still losing way more weight because my body is producing milk!

I did find when dd (4months) was born right up until about 2months my breasts were extremely tender, huge and lumpy! Now they've really seemed to realize the supply she needs and they're nowhere near as tender.

Ultimately you're totally capable of making your own decision to either formula feed or continue breast feeding. You're a wonderful mum regardless!

I really hope it gets better for you. p.s. The milk drunk look is my absolute favourite!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    How can you love something so much you hate it I'm not normal!!!!
    We must both be not normal then. Except with my first I just hated it, my 2nd I had the whole love-hate thing going.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had really sore lumpy boobs too, had severe blocked ducts and mastitis.
    I saw a lactation consultant who performed a breast massage (yep it is as weird as it sounds) but my goodness the relief was incredible and I had three massages and haven't had any issues since. I also think it helped increase my milk supply too as it meant that bub was able to drain my boobs better...

Not sure if there is anyone in WA that is trained in this technique but worth asking around. I truly think if it wasn't for this massage I wouldn't be where I am today with feeding my little one...

http://theclinchtechnique.com.au/aboutus.html

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (10-08-2014),Bulbasaur  (13-08-2014),LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    As lol that is very normal. I still sometime hate it and want him to wean his 2yrs old for heaven sake.

Your doing a great job and does get much much easier around the 5 to 8 week mark.

Hugs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it easier after about 8 weeks once the pain subsided (from her crap latch chaffing my nipples) and my supply settled. After that it became pretty easy for us.

Could you try expressing when you become really uncomfortable and store it in the freezer?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes, I remember that, the Dolly Parton boobs

They will settle down, and eventually be soft and just making the milk your baby needs, instead of making enough for 3 babies! Mine were usually much better by the 6 week mark.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do what's best for you and your family, I breastfed my first two but my second two were on bottles from birth, I just COULDN'T go there again, actually I think hanging in with gritted teeth traumatised me. I still wince and get anxiety thinking about it all these years later. To me, how you feed your baby is absolutely no big deal so long as you are feeding him or her

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014),Purple Lily  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're going great, those first few weeks are hard! I remember being at that point of just wanting to give up.. Then a couple of weeks later the milk supply established and my boobs and nipples no longer hurt.. And while sometimes I still hate it I'm still breastfeeding 9 months on & am glad I stuck it out those first few weeks.. It really does get easier!

That said I'm not one that loses weight easily while bf and still have a good 5kg to lose. Dieting strictly effects my milk too much so once I wean ds I'll been dieting up a storm to lose those last stubborn kgs!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-08-2014)