+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Harmony test

Hi ladies, just after some info on the harmony test? I have heard is is a non invasive blood test that can identify chromosonal disorders... I have also heard it costs about $500? Can anyone tell me if it can also identify gender? Is there a site that can provide any additional info about where it is available? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this done through my ultrasound place, they do a scan for you then the BT and send to America for testing, I had the Harmony test.

It took about 10 days to come back and it did identify the gender. We are having a boy.

I had this done at 10.5 weeks and it cost $550. HTH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've had this too. It cost me $575. You can find out the gender if you want to. I had it done at Monash Ultrasound for women in Melbourne. Try searching for Harmony NIPT to find places near you that do it. Your OB should know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the Harmony test too, they can't advise the gender if you're having twins. I'm only having one so they were able to advise the gender (we're also having a boy) the blood sample was taken at ten weeks and it took ten working days to get the results back, which I thought was impressive since the sample was shipped to California for processing. Finding out the gender so early was a bonus (no guessing on the ultrasound required) we wanted the peace of mind that there were no major issues as early into the pregnancy that we could. The cost was $580.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, just researching at this stage. Was there any health fund or medicare rebates for the test cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Medicare no refund.

I haven't tried to get a refund with my PHI yet, but will give it a go because you never know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can claim it with your medical expenses at tax time if that's an option for you. Definitely no Medicare refund. I'll be interested to know if people have luck with PHI. I didn't even think of that. Sadly, not really expecting to get any money back there either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I just stumbled across this feed. Have never heard of this test! We are ttc our first. So you can really find out gender at 10 weeks?!!! How awesome! Would love to know that early, and also know there wasn't any other dramas either
    Thanks so much for the above info, definitely something to consider.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default prenatal information resources

Hi guys
    I work in the area of prenatal genetics and have been thinking about putting together some resources about these new non-invasive tests. Any advice about what would be useful and also a good format for the information e.g. ebook?

Thanks
    bella

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bella2014 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (30-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bella

Helpful: that they only screen for certain genetic disorders t16, t18 t21 - ulstrasounds are still important to pick up structural abnormalities, growth, placenta position etc. That from 10 weeks means you won't get results (or rarely) before a 12 week scan :-)

Had mine done last week (at 10+1) and am excitedly waiting for results...