+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Badgering. This is the crap I am talking about. Has anyone ever asked anyone in a ff thread whether they are a chemist, so do they really know if formula is REALLY as good as breastmilk?

I am a parent who is entitled to make this decision, with the understanding I have (NO I don't have to be a medical professional to have a working knowledge of vaxxes!) without having to be badgered by you about it.
    Oh FFS! I AM ASKING A QUESTION! As much as I don't agree with people not vaccinating (without medical reasons), I'm actually interested in how they come to the decision to not vaccinate. You know, you would probably have less backlash, as a non vaxxer, if you were open to discussion? You would have more people actually be able to understand and respect why you don't do it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (10-08-2014),MsViking  (10-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),snowqu33n  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Badgering. This is the crap I am talking about. Has anyone ever asked anyone in a ff thread whether they are a chemist, so do they really know if formula is REALLY as good as breastmilk?

I am a parent who is entitled to make this decision, with the understanding I have (NO I don't have to be a medical professional to have a working knowledge of vaxxes!) without having to be badgered by you about it.
    I don't know if it has been asked in the ff or breastfeeding threads, but it certainly has been asked of posters in some of the climate change threads and also at least one fluoridation thread.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask people how they came to certain conclusions.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (10-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I would treat my child for a disease yes! Obviously!
    Is my child contracted diphtheria the VAX would no longer be needed.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    The reason I asked was just to see where you're coming from with your anti-vac stance. There's really not much difference between vaccinating to prevent versus vaccination to treat.... Except that vaccinating to prevent has much more benefit, as it keeps life-threatening diseases out of the community on top of personal protection! So why not take this path! Given you're prepared to vac/treat if your kids get sick anyway?

I don't. I see vaxxing as largely unnecessary medical inteference. If the need for any particular vax arises, as I have stated before, I do get them done.
    If it's unnecessary, then why do most parents do it? I guarantee you, it's necessary to keep these terrible diseases out of our community. Disease would be rife throughout our community if we didn't have preventative vaccines.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

GM01  (10-08-2014),MsViking  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    No they didn't.

Neither did the GP I took my daughter to last week for a viral infection, he felt it was his (god given) duty to hound me about it despite me explicitly telling him twice that I was in no fit state due to hyperemesis to discuss my reasonings with him on that particular day and that we had our conscientious objectors form completed.

Mini vent there sorry! Actually no I'm not sorry, I sat there in tears while he as MM put it badgered me about it.
    Thanks for answering

Sorry that your gp didn't respect your request.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Oh FFS! I AM ASKING A QUESTION! As much as I don't agree with people not vaccinating (without medical reasons), I'm actually interested in how they come to the decision to not vaccinate. You know, you would probably have less backlash, as a non vaxxer, if you were open to discussion? You would have more people actually be able to understand and respect why you don't do it
    Look redlipsandpearls you are a NOTORIOUS non-vax basher. I could trawl through these sections and post quote after quote after quote of you saying really nasty things about non-vaxxers.

We are just NEVER NEVER NEVER going to agree on this topic, i'm not interested in discussing it with you, as I KNOW you have no desire to do anything other than post barbed jabs. I KNOW this from many many many other posts of yours previous that you are a die hard vaxxer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ellewood. She is a non vaxxer. Full stop. If she were a ff Mum, would you be trying all sorts of arguments in the ff section to try to get her to become a breastfeeding mum? Hmmmm No.

Respect her choice already!!!

If it's unnecessary, then why do most parents do it?
    Beats me!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Harriet  (10-08-2014),headoverfeet  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think this thread has drifted a bit far from the OP.

Please

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-xkwzit For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (10-08-2014),meredithgreyxxx  (10-08-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Beats me!

Tbh I'd say they feel its best for their children, just like how most women start out breasfeeding, some continue to do it, some stop and switch to formula for whatever reason and some don't want to breastfeed at all and all the above is perfectly fine! Non-vaxxers would just like the same respect or at least to see the same self restraint that extends to other parenting choices!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post

Tbh I'd say they feel its best for their children, just like how most women start out breasfeeding, some continue to do it, some stop and switch to formula for whatever reason and some don't want to breastfeed at all and all the above is perfectly fine! Non-vaxxers would just like the same respect or at least to see the same self restraint that extends to other parenting choices!
    Of course they do!! We all do what we believe is the right thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ellewood. She is a non vaxxer. Full stop. If she were a ff Mum, would you be trying all sorts of arguments in the ff section to try to get her to become a breastfeeding mum? Hmmmm No.

Respect her choice already!!!

Beats me!

Ooooh woah! I was genuinely wondering what her reasons were. Not sure why it's so hard to explain ones reasons, since it is a community health issue. I wouldn't laugh as you do, it's disrespectful and kinda off!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (10-08-2014),MsViking  (10-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014)