+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I didn't, my child was in direct risk of contracting tetanus... she stood on a rusty needle...so consented to a treatment for it.
    She was not in direct risk of contracting diphtheria and was vaccinated for it against my will.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    if she were at risk of, or contracted diphtheria would you consent to a diphtheria vac then? You say you're happy for the tetanus because it directly treated your DD, so that's why I'm asking about the diphtheria scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Wow...cannot believe you really think that. It saddens me. I will leave now...OP, I very much hope your daughter is recovering well.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    And you don't believe it? They have bills to pay, surgeries to rent, staff to pay - how else do you think they make money? They have a business to run.
    Pharmaceutical companies outbid each other for business just (for example)like coke and pepsi or the like. They're given bonuses and gifts to push products/scripts/vaxxes.
    Dr's aren't immune (pardon the pun) to the big dollar wheel that turns the rest of the world.

Shocks me that people think its not true...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mumat For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (10-08-2014),Harriet  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    And you don't believe it? They have bills to pay, surgeries to rent, staff to pay - how else do you think they make money? They have a business to run.
    Pharmaceutical companies outbid each other for business just (for example)like coke and pepsi or the like. They're given bonuses and gifts to push products/scripts/vaxxes.
    Dr's aren't immune (pardon the pun) to the big dollar wheel that turns the rest of the world.

As the partner of a doctor I would love to know where all this money is going. It certainly isn't going to him! He who is doing overtime today and doesn't get paid for it.....oh but wait that's right he is getting bonuses and gifts.

I believe the OPs child was in a hospital and the doctors and nurses were probably being paid by the health department of her state.

OP I do think that you should have been given the complete list of diseases the vaccination covers. I hope your DD is recovering fast.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),snowqu33n  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know not *all* doctors are like that, but I also know a couple of pharma drug salespeople too..
    Heck, I've seen a few doctors who couldn't answer my questions or help with an issue I'd had - and suffered through a misdiagnosis, allergic reactions and verbal abuse from an obstetrician as well - I know they're people too..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mumat For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post

I thought they cut the Practitioner incentive payments for vaccines a few years ago?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    if she were at risk of, or contracted diphtheria would you consent to a diphtheria vac then? You say you're happy for the tetanus because it directly treated your DD, so that's why I'm asking about the diphtheria scenario.
    I would treat my child for a disease yes! Obviously!
    Is my child contracted diphtheria the VAX would no longer be needed.

Last edited by loislane2010; 10-08-2014 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I'm genuinely curious here (and wanting to understand your reasoning)- why would you choose consenting to treat over vaccinating to prevent a disease?
    Because then its needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    No way. They are single minded on the topic. Vax or else. Not much discussion to be had.

Vaxxes are a parental choice, and I choose to exercise that right. My decision is firm, why would I want an ear bashing by a GP about it?

If circumstances dictate that my boys need certain vaxxes, which has happened twice now, then I get the vaxxes done. Simple. No arguing my position with a GP needed.
    What medical professionals do you speak to then?

ETA I'm not asking in an argumentative way, just curious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could somebody please explain in simple english to me;

If vaxxed people can spread VPDs along with non-vaxxed people, how does an immunisation status have any bearing or effect on others?

I see posts about how selfish not vaxxing is but genuinely don't understand how?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (10-08-2014),Harriet  (10-08-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    What medical professionals do you speak to then?

ETA I'm not asking in an argumentative way, just curious.
    Hope you dont mind me answering but I spoke to my cities main immunisation clinic.