+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    But OP, would the outcome have been any different if you DID know it was a combined vax? Surely you wouldn't have declined it, after your child stood on a rusty needle?
    I mean I can see how you are annoyed by them not clearly answering your question, but I wouldn't think that there would have been a different outcome.

BTW, as PP's have pointed out, it's not quite as simple as "treating" a child for whooping cough and diptheria, they are serious diseases that can put your child's health/life at risk. They areuch better being prevented, rather than treated once they occur. I hope you have educated yourself thoroughly about these diseases before deciding to decline the vaccinations.
    I'm not sure if I would have declined the VAX, my point is I wasn't given the choice.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by loislane2010; 10-08-2014 at 17:07.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why can't a non vaccinator ask a question in the pro-non vaxxing section without it spiralling into this? It's so rude and pretty clear that this choice is not at all given the same respect as other parenting choices.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    Why on earth would they give a tetanus shot for a sewing needle? :O

Not only do they need a refresher on knowing what they're sticking in your kid - they also need another refresher on what/how/when/why tetanus can occur and be present and when a shot or booster may or may not be required. Jeeeeez.
    I'm gobsmacked on behalf of the OP.
    Because a deep narrow wound is the perfect environment for anaerobic bacteria like tetanus to grow.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-08-2014),haveheart  (11-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),sky1  (10-08-2014),SpecialK  (10-08-2014),Vonnie89  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    I'm not sure if I would have declined the VAX, my point is I wasn't given the choice.

I agree. Regardless of my personal beliefs regarding vax, one of the cardinal rules in giving medication is informed consent. You weren't properly given the information to be able to give it imo

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (10-08-2014),meredithgreyxxx  (10-08-2014),misskittyfantastico  (10-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (10-08-2014),smallpotatoes  (10-08-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I agree. Regardless of my personal beliefs regarding vax, one of the cardinal rules in giving medication is informed consent. You weren't properly given the information to be able to give it imo
    Exactly. If this was any other parenting choice everyone would be up in arms. Disgusting behaviour in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    To answer the question would I be upset , no I wouldn't be. I would thank god we have a prevention available for tetanus.
    Exactly this.

Sorry going to be harsh here.... But if you say you're anti-vac, then why did you allow them to vaccinate your child? It's an honest question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm am very strongly pro-vax and personally don't understand why people don't vax BUT you have every right to be annoyed. As much as I don't understand your decisions you still have a right to fully informed consent and clearly this was not given. I agree with the other posters - you need to let the hospital know what has happened so they can take the appropriate action to ensure it doesn't happen again.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    *crashing*

Why don't you discuss vaxxes with your GP? I thought that would be the first person one would speak to when making a decision about whether or not to vax?
    No way. They are single minded on the topic. Vax or else. Not much discussion to be had.

Vaxxes are a parental choice, and I choose to exercise that right. My decision is firm, why would I want an ear bashing by a GP about it?

If circumstances dictate that my boys need certain vaxxes, which has happened twice now, then I get the vaxxes done. Simple. No arguing my position with a GP needed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    Exactly this.

Sorry going to be harsh here.... But if you say you're anti-vac, then why did you allow them to vaccinate your child? It's an honest question.
    I didn't, my child was in direct risk of contracting tetanus... she stood on a rusty needle...so consented to a treatment for it.
    She was not in direct risk of contracting diphtheria and was vaccinated for it against my will.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    Because they're not trained on the ins and outs of every shot, every ingredient and when it may or may not be best to administer it, they follow the schedule, just like their patients..
    They're paid by the highest bidding vax maker to make sure its their brand in the needle and that you're rolling through their surgery to get that shot.
    Wow...cannot believe you really think that. It saddens me. I will leave now...OP, I very much hope your daughter is recovering well.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by J37; 10-08-2014 at 18:54.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-08-2014),haveheart  (11-08-2014),LaDiDah  (10-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014),PomPoms  (10-08-2014),snowqu33n  (10-08-2014),SpecialK  (10-08-2014),Wise Enough  (10-08-2014)