+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    That is simply not true. I am married to a doctor, we own the business and I organise the finances for it, and I know for a fact he does NOT receive bonuses or gifts from drug companies.
    And I previously consulted to a pharma company and it was gross misconduct for any staff to give or receive any form of gift to/ from business partners or clients. I couldn't even shout them a coffee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    How would i go about that? Call, email, write?
    I would write to them either by email, fax or snail mail ... Although these days I prefer email as it has an electronic record, where as it would be easy to say "must've been lost in the post" to a snail mail letter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    Because they're not trained on the ins and outs of every shot, every ingredient and when it may or may not be best to administer it, they follow the schedule, just like their patients..
    They're paid by the highest bidding vax maker to make sure its their brand in the needle and that you're rolling through their surgery to get that shot.
    Actually most of the vaccines in the GP's are the ones distributed by the vaccine centre (government based).
    All the vaccines on the NIP are free from the government.
    Knowing the government it's probably the cheapest manufacturer that they use!
    GP's have nothing to do with the choice of pharma company.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think that writing is best. You can take your time and clearly lay out your points without forgetting anything. They should reply in writing as well and you can take your time reading that and making sure that they've addressed your concerns and not feeling later that you've been fobbed off.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ring and ask to speak to the Nurse Unit Manager.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP, yeah look, I'd probably be a bit miffed. But not enough to complain. However I am one of those annoying delayed/selective vaxxers that know what vaccine combinations there are and I tend to be very specific with the wording of my questions before I consent to anything. I'm still very sorry this happened to you and your child, and it shouldn't have happened.

@MilkingMaid I understand totally where you are coming from, I've been harrssed over the years too about this issue. But I've also had some respectful conversations, including with @redlipsandpearls
    Last edited by Lillynix; 10-08-2014 at 20:46.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When did this become the Debate It section? It is reasonable to ask questions in order to understand another's pov but this is not the section or thread for it Not to mention the posts that are plainly just argumentative. The whole thread has become a vax debate rather than focusing on the op's actual issue of informed consent. Bit sad really. And in answer to the op, yes, I would be annoyed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (10-08-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Any many took the opportunity to make unnecessary comments and so forth!
    Sorry, misread your post. I thought you were saying that EVERY pro-vaxxer did that...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so this thread as clearly gone off topic.
    I appreciate all your responses...before it went off topic. I put this in the 'pro non-vax section as i didnt want it to start a debate...i know better than that on the hub

I wanted to know if i had a right to mention this to the hospital...i dont want to start a big drama and im not extremely upset, but i felt like something should be said.
    Maybe they are unaware that this is an issue. Maybe the nurse/s havent been informed. I would hate for it to happen again and have a bad outcome...a vax being given to a child who parents havent vaxed because their child had a reaction or something. Not once did they ask me WHY my child's vaxs werent up to date. They just asked 'are her immunisations up to date?'. I said 'no' and that was all that was said. No questions about WHY or did she have a reaction to one?

I just feel like i wasnt given all the information and i feel like thats not ok. Like i say, im not going to go to court or the media or anything i just feel like i should mention it.

I would complain in writing

Thanks
    Reviews
    @loislane2010

I would call the hospital switch and ask to be put through to the patient liaison, let her know you are sending through a complaint and if you can have her email or postal address to do so.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-08-2014)