+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @GM01 just wanted to let you know we got the parents of Prems package yesterday and it's very nice, will be very handy. The cuddly blanket and shirt are super cute!

DS is still playing up with not absorbing feeds, it's going on a long time now and the doctors seem to be scratching their heads over it. We are trying continuous feeds now, I'm just hoping it's not anything serious but apparently no bad signs in his tummy. Otherwise slowly weaning off Cpap still. It's hard watching the other babies leave for the lower care nursery, just looking forward to when it's his turn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 so glad you received one, thanks for letting me know! (And sorry it wasn't sooner, unfortunately due to privacy restrictions and clearance I'm not allowed to have any part in distributing the packs we supply).

I hope continuous feeding helps. I know nursery 2 seems like a big step forward in progress (and is!), but you just can't beat the nursery 3 care and nurses! I know that's not much comfort to take from still being there...

Good news that he's progressing off CPAP. Is he cycling on to high flow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree the nursery three care is fantastic. I think DS is a while away from nursery two yet so we will try and enjoy the quiet-I heard nursery two is noisier! He's cycling off Cpap with PBF at the moment, 4hours on 4hours off. We will see how he goes on the continuous feed, went down ok so far today but will wait until it gets increased again...fingerscrossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Just wondering how you and baby M are getting on @Flower78? I've been thinking of you both xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-09-2014),GM01  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for thinking of us! We've made a lot of progress since I last updated. Now in the high dependency unit after a brief time in nursery 2 last week. Miles is off oxygen and antibiotics and tolerating 3 hourly tube feeds! He doesn't know what to do with breastfeeding but we are trying every day. It was amazing how much difference it made getting over the infection. Just today he's trying out of the incubator. The main things to sort are the suck feeds and his weight gain which slowed a lot but hoping that picks up now he's on more milk. Having to actually consider him coming home now and buy everything we still need like a car seat. Any recommendations about whether to get a capsule? or a good car seat for a tiny baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh it sounds like your coming along so well! I remember moving to nursery 2 felt like such a huge step - one step closer to home
    Getting the suck feeds happening often feels like one step forward and three steps back, but then one day things click into place.
    I didn't have a capsule, I still had my Meridian (safe and sound brand) seat from my DS1 but a capsule would have been great because DS2 was so tiny for so long that we would've used it for ages. I'm sure some of the other girls will have some recommendations.
    Thanks so much for the update and I hope that it isn't long before you've got your special boy home xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear such good progress!!!

I actually used the Meridian convertible seat for DD as well and didn't use a capsule, we didn't go out enough in the car to justify it! She looked ridiculously tiny in it initially!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, great news Miles came home on Wednesday! We are so happy to have him home with us, and took him out for a walk in the sunshine today. He's done really well, just his weight gain that's not the best but I think he will always be off the bottom of the chart! Thanks again for all your help and tips along the way xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (01-12-2014),atomicmama  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's wonderful

I hope he's transitioning into home life well!

Are you feeling okay? It can be quite overwhelming to finally have bub home and the chance to catch up on your emotions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on bringing Miles home!!!

How AMAZING does it feel walking out of hospital?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (11-10-2014)