+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Thinking of you, hun. Have you been discharged? It's so tiring going back and forth to the hospital daily!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm hoping it's the last infection, but a nurse did warn us that it's very common and sometimes the babies will get several during their stay. Fingerscrossed he starts tolerating milk and can get off the IV! @Goblin Queen yes I'm at home now, only stayed three nights. It was hard to leave him. It's probably time to sort out stuff at home- I've been letting it all slide at the moment and spending most of the day with DS. Hopefully can get a balance worked out soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Ow flower it sounds so tough. I can't imagine how you and DP are feeling. Hopefully soon DS will be able to get off the iv.

I think about you, your DP and your DS a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Best Things. Hope your little girl is going well? It is tough but there are great moments too, it's amazing how they can show their personality even at such a young age! I never get tired of sitting and watching him, I can't wait to take pictures without all the lines and tubes, that will be amazing too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    DD is great. I agree about the personality thing. You can see it straight away. She's 5 months old now.

Have you picked a name for DS yet? Are your families being very supportive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear about the infection hopefully there aren't any more.

As for the stuff at home, just do what you have to. Everything else can wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have just read this thread and was so glad to see your baby's safe arrival. Sorry he's going through tough times now, I really hope he starts tolerating his milk soon so you can be with him more xoxo
    What's the little man's name? Sorry I know a few people have asked but I am also curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    His feeds are going up slowly but he's tolerating them today which is great. They've told me to buy a deep freeze as my milk is taking up too much room in their freezer haha!

We called him Miles our families are being very helpful, we are staying with DPs parents as they live so close to the hospital, they are making our dinner and walking our dogs which is great! We will go home soon though, probably by mid week.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2014),CazHazKidz  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ooh. Things are sounding positive for DS. I'm glad you've all got such support. Miles is a wonderful name. It's good that he's tolerating feeds better.

Good thing you've got a great supply for him! Haha. Definitely invest in a deep freeze and save your liquid gold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news about his feeds going up!

I kept putting my ebm in the fridge at the nicu and when they showed me where the freezer was I was in shock at how much milk I had stored in less than a week... it was such a great feeling
    Once we were transferred back to our local hospital, the nurses freaked out about where they were going to store all the milk until I went home that day. By the end of our 7 week stay, I had oodles of milk stored in our freezer, my parents', my ILs' and even left some behind at the hospital

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (11-09-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast