Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What the hell?? What did you say?
    That my family planning is none of his business!!!

In the next month my job will be advertised state wide and I have to apply for it. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I had to take a couple of days off this week to care for my sick son, in the back of my mind I feel like they are taking notes. It's hard being a working mum!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (10-08-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Like what? Other disciplinary action against the employee? (Genuine underperformance etc?)
    I don't know like what. It just seems one of the parties is lying or has grossly misinterpreted the communication that has occurred.

"An ANZ spokesman denied that the independent medical test would have included an invasive pelvic exam. He said the primary purpose of the appointment was to "assess the appropriateness of support measures" offered by the bank to help Ms Bashour work safely from the office and home.
    "These measures included an offer by ANZ of a free on-site car park and a desk with a permanently allocated meeting room to ensure Ms Bashour did not have to travel around the building unnecessarily for meetings," the spokesman said"

is very different to what they are being accused of.

I'm not saying they are likely to be angels, just that there is such a massive discrepancy which, with existing previous court proceedings, seems unusual to me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (09-08-2014),JR03  (09-08-2014),VicPark  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    The big push at the moment is for HR to be more commercial and "business minded" for want of a better phase. Unfortunately that often means helping the business bend the rules rather than guiding them to adhering to them - by policing the business HR just gets taken out of the conversation.

I was fired (because I wouldn't take a pay cut) when I was 5 months preg. HR worked with a law firm to figure out the least risky way to do it.

At the end of the day it is one thing to have law on your side and another to have the means to enforce those laws. Federal Circuit Court (where employment matters are heard) is a no cost jurisdiction, which means each party is responsible for their own legal costs regardless of who wins. For me to bring a case against my ex employer was going to cost in excess of $100k in legal fees alone, let alone emotional duress etc. Even if I won, it was possible that I wouldn't even be awarded that much in damages so would still be out of pocket. I ended up settling out of court for a fairly meager amount.
    Which is of the many reasons I am a member of a union!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, these stories are truly terrifying....sexism in the workplace is clearly alive and well, despite my 18 year old niece telling me I was "stuck in the sixties and we don't need ugly lesbo feminists telling us what to do". Head....wall. (I was also born in the eighties, but am obviously positively geriatric and in need of the all encompassing wisdom of youth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Their facebook page is blowing up with people expressing their disgust. The fall out from this is going to be huge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Something else I just thought of, we're probably not getting the whole store from ANZ as their employee files, particularly medical records, are highly confidential. They could get in so much trouble and make this case even worse for themselves if they disclose anything. The employee has spoken out about her own medical issues so isn't breaching anything. Even if she has a confidentiality clause in her contract, she's only talking about herself so ANZ are pretty powerless now until this goes before the FWC.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (09-08-2014),kw123  (09-08-2014)