+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd didn't walk til she was 14months. She was crawling fine but slow to start crawling too. Doctor said that as long as they are moving eg crawling or commando crawling it didn't matter as long as they were actively moving. If you are worried about speak to your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd only get concerned after 18 months. My DD didn't walk until 15 months, whereas my DS walked at 12 months. I was never concerned about DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD didn't start walking till 17 months. I posted a thread back when I was worried too. GP checked her at 12 months and said let's wait till 18 months and see how she is then. If you're worried see your GP and go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins are 13 months and not moving yet, not even commando crawling! We have had two paediatricians check them (when they were there for other things) and both said they are fine. They checked muscle tone, reflexes and hips. It was nice to know there is nothing physically wrong....even though it's still driving me crazy!

We have been to a physio and haven't found it greatly useful, but we are continuing to work at it.

The paediatricians told us that as long as there aren't any physical problems, they aren't worried until 18 months. Even for crawling! But it was nice to get the reassurance about muscle tone etc.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 only walked at 18 months. DD2 is 13 months she crawls but cannot stand and oh has only one tooth!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    18 months is a good benchmark for gross motor skills. commando crawling & weight bearing at 10-14 months is still good

my two boys both walked at 11 months, my daughter has a genetic disorder that does effect gross motor (most girls with the same disorder are in wheelchairs and don't ever walk). she started walking at 13 months but when we talked to our GP about other concerns, they all said 18 months is about when they'd do assessments and tests (if it's just one thing - if it's a bunch of other things then go in earlier of course) x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son never crawled. He was late to sit (almost 10 mths) and took ages to move and when he did it was a bum shuffle. Also didn't pull himself up or walk along furniture much, he started walking at 18.5mths. Saw a paed at 18mths but as he could see he was using his muscles and his hips were ok, we were told only to come back at 20/21mths if still not walking.

I'd start with a gp appointment if concerned, but hopefully he's just a little delayed and will catch up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 crawled at 12 months and walked at 19 months. But my lord could she talk, talk, talk, talk.
    DD2 crawled at 12 months and is yet to walk at 15 months, She isn't far off though. Not so flash with the verbal skills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD didn't crawl, was more of an injured soldier type drag (one leg bent in front and one straight back) looked weird but was quick! Then just got up and walked one day about 14mo. She didn't master hand n knees crawling till closer to 2.
    If you are concerned, no harm mentioning it to the GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Good to know it isn't completely dire just yet but will keep an eye on it (like a hawk!).