+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ham and cheese is fine to freeze. Its not the most environmentally friendly option, but I freeze mine in individual small freezer bags with a knot tied in it. Cling wrap is not as good as moisture gets in. You could also freeze in plastic containers if you had enough to go around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping for new years inspiration 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I make and freeze

Pikelets
    Banana bread
    Apple and oat muffins

Ham&cheese scrolls
    Cheesymite scrolls
    Mini pizzas
    Meatballs
    Fish cakes
    Falafels
    Zucchini fritters
    Corn fritters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    we only make and freeze dinner stuff ahead of time. things like:

pasta sauce (used in pasta or lasagna)

meatballs in sauce

polish cabbage rolls

polish dumplings

soup

I'm also planning to start doing risotto then freezing. hoping it freezes ok/reheats nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    On Mondays I bake muffins or scrolls, make a loaf's worth of sandwiches, cook chickpeas or kidney beans, and make biscuits or a slice for the weeks lunches. I also cook for all the days I work so 3 meals plus make up a huge green salad for my lunches/dinners and another salad either bean or roasted veg.
    You are superwoman RHA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    You are superwoman RHA!
    Hahaha. Not now. Till school starts I'm on holidays

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing a cook up tomorrow. Slow cooked butter chicken, banana bread, another slow cooked meal over night and then sandwiches. I'll also do sausage rolls and mini quiches for lunch box snacks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hopefully in the next week I will get a head start on school snacks. My sister has just given me her 6 foot freezer. Well we will pick it up soon. My freezer is pretty full at the moment so I am excited about all that freezer space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Usual freezer meals like spag sauce, lasagne, taco/mexican mince, cottage pie, soup, casseroles.
    My oldest is against sandwiches for lunch so I make and freeze scrolls, puff pastry pinwheels and mini muffin quiches.
    I also bake at least twice a week.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I freeze wraps and sandwiches for the week. Usually chicken and cheese and ham and cheese. I poach chicken breasts for sandwiches/ wraps.

I also freeze either a batch of muffins/ banana bread/ pikelets/slices for lunchbox snacks.I have a few containers with pre-chopped fruit and carrot sticks in zip-lock bags ready for lunch boxes, along with zip-locked pop-corn and rice crackers.

Left-overs are frozen in small containers, ready for DH and I to take for lunches. I also have a stock of things like rice pouches and salmon and tuna tins on hand as a back-up.

I pack all of our lunch boxes the night before so mornings aren't as rushed.

For dinners, I meal plan on weekends and freeze ahead a couple of meals, for other meals, I pre-chop vegetables so they are ready to go.

For example for the coming week, I have a frittata, sweet potato soup and pasta sauce in the freezer along with pre- chopped stir fry meat and veges. I also pre-prepared a lemon, herb and Parmesan crumb for baked fish later in the week and froze it in a zip-lock bag. Tomorrow I will slow cook corned beef and have veges chopped ready to throw in slow cooker before I leave for work. I keep things like steam fresh veges, rice pouches, cous cous and kestrel potatoes which can be quickly steamed in microwave as quick and easy back-up sides for evening meals.

After eight years of part-time working, I've recently returned to full-time work and if I don't do meal prep and/or planning on the weekend it's much more hectic during the week.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DailyDiversion For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (10-01-2016)