+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Needing some support

Hi all,
    first time posting but feel like I need some support.

am 33yo with primary ovarian failure from chemotherapy. We froze 8 day 3 (8 cell) embryos a few years ago and I have gone through my first FET.

Am currently at 10dp3dt and have been through about every emotion under the sun! The FET was medicated as I am menopausal. Have experienced a bit of sporting and weird cramps on days 4 and 5 post transfer. Then on tues (7 days) started getting nausea on and off throughout the day. Same on Wed. No nausea yesterday or so far today. Had a little bit of spotting yesterday - but nothing really.

my beta test is tomorrow and I couldn't take the unsureity of it all so this morning I did a poas hpt. It was one of the digital ones and just came up not preg.

I know I prob shouldn't have tested but was hoping for something seeing as I keep getting all the right symptoms.

it's only one more sleep but feeling down and lost. I feel a bit like I am letting people down by it not working but then keep telling myself it's my first go! Relax!

well thanks for reading my crazy ramblings. Think I just needed to vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey Woof,

Welcome to bubhub. Hopefully this community can offer you the support you need. I'm sorry to hear about your chemotherapy. Sounds really scary, but what a strong woman you are to be where you are right now.

We also went through IVF to conceive our daughter. I had similar symptoms as you with the strange cramping. It wasn't until our fourth cycle that we fell pregnant. I really hope you don't have to wait that long.

You should definitely head on over to the IVF forums because there's sooo much support there and people are usually cycling when you are so you have support through the whole journey.

I really hope that this is your BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I am just working out how to use the forums but will have a read through.

I keep reading about it often taking a few times. I think the stress I feel the most is we only have the 8 frozen. Then that's it :-( but I am sure it'll work out :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's still early days I think. My clinic first does the blood test for me at 11dp5dt (which would be 13dp3dt). I have had 3 transfers, 3 bfps ever and 1 Baby. From these, I now know that my implantation sign is spotting 6 or 7 dp5dt followed by diarhera 24 hours later (hope you don't get that one too but I was stoked to get it the third time around after predicting it). I never had nausea (till I gagged on my toothbrush one time when about 20 weeks with my son) and had lots of cramping from the progesterone for several weeks. Sadly, everyone is different and some ladies never test positive on the hpt. Also as you're medicated now, that means when the pregnancy actually kicks in the hormone levels will probably be a new "normal" to your body so it will probably stop sending you all these symptoms anyway (especially if they let you stop medications). Hopefully you're just about to find this out for yourself. Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by woof5105 View Post
    Thanks. I am just working out how to use the forums but will have a read through.

I keep reading about it often taking a few times. I think the stress I feel the most is we only have the 8 frozen. Then that's it :-( but I am sure it'll work out :-)
    I know people say this all the time but it only takes 1. We did a full stim cycle, got no frosties and the embryo we put back in on our successful cycle was only a 3BB. A whole terrible stim cycle with ohss gave us only one embryo! But that one embryo became our daughter. It only takes one!