+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have 2 boys aged 2.5 and 1. After bath time we go upstairs to my youngest ones room and I get them dressed. They have a bit of a play and I BF the youngest. We then read some stories together. I then put the youngest down for bed.

I take my other son into his room and we then have another play and read stories. Lights off and I sit with him for a few minutes for cuddles and then it's sleep time.

My husband is away for 3 weeks at a time, so I have had to adjust their routines so I am not sitting with them to fall asleep as it's too hard with 2 little ones. My oldest was a bit upset by this to start with, but he has adapted well and goes to bed with minimal fuss. When hubby is home he puts our oldest to bed and I the younger one since he still has a BF before bed.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    My bedroom is in between. I'm seriously considering having them share a room so I can do both together.
    This sounds like it could be a good idea!

Alternatively could you encourage one of them to fall asleep without you right there? We used a reward system (smarties!) for my DD when she was about 3 and she went for needing us to lie with her to consistently falling asleep by herself with no tears. Could something similar work? It would make it much easier to get them both down at the same time.

Or maybe let them fall asleep in the same bed with you there and then move one?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So last night we put Ds2 bed in Ds1 room.
    It was sooooo much easier settling them both to sleep.
    I read (Dh was there too) them both a book and then tucked ds2 in and then sat like usual next to ds1.
    At first ds2 thought he had to 'leave' to go to his room after we read the book and was about to cry until he realised he was already on his bed!