+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default cramping ugh

My partner and I have been ttc for almost a month now (I know hasn't been that long) and I've started getting Af pains 3 days before she is due. I don't usually get pains until just before she comes so this is different for me.
    I just came off the pill on the 19th of July and started trying every second day because I have no idea when I ovulate (been on the pill levlen for 6 years).

I tried a pg test last night and it was neg. If my calculations are correct I would have been ovulating around the 26th of July.

Could I be pregnant or is this just AF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Could be either! You could be cramping because you've been on the pill for 6 years and your body is just getting back into its own routine, or you could be experiencing something different because of implantation or something.

It's probably not what you want to hear but just waiting and seeing is the only way to know unfortunately.

I have my fingers crossed that your ttc journey is short and you get your BFP very soon!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

jessiikahh  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!!
    I've had the cramping from the pill earlier on but this cramping is the same as my period cramping. Sooo different to the cramps I had when I just stopped the pill so finger crossed.

It pretty much feels like AF is coming and I'm not due for another 3 to 4 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You also may not be due for AF when you think you are if you've only just come off the pill. My cycles were all over the place when I came off the pill at the end of January and for about 2 months I had just about every pregnancy symptom in the book! It was just my hormones trying to sort themselves out though.

It's pretty frustrating at the beginning unfortunately! But, there's definitely cases where people fall pregnant straight away, so good luck, hope that's it for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

jessiikahh  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had horrifying 'cramps' (more like sharp stabbing pains) in my ovaries until I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. They were sudden, like if I sneezed or coughed, and were REALLY painful. So honestly it could be either, let us know.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

jessiikahh  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well so far since coming off the pill I had a bleed for a day which was really dark brown and that was it really it.
    I've had some sharp pains and twinges in my ovaries as well especially when I move suddenly or yell at the dog (lol)

Spoke to the doctor and he said my cycle should be back to normal after a month. But I've seen heaps of people get pregnant straight away or even after missing one pill so I am trying to stay optimistic
    Last edited by jessiikahh; 07-08-2014 at 15:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have af after you took your last pill in the packet?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

jessiikahh  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I got my last period after taking the last hormone pill and everything was normal

Should probably note I just went to the bathroom and there was heaps of white milky discharge. I definitely don't get this much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What date did that period start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It ended on July 19th