+ Reply to Thread
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Who is hte Sugar Bandit in your family?

http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...n-your-family/

Do you have a Sugar Bandit in your family?

Is there someone who, despite all your efforts to give your kids a healthy diet, slips them junk food when you’re not looking? Or sometimes even when you are?

Do your kids have a well-meaning nanna who loves to spoil them with ice-creams, a great-grandfather who keeps lollies in his pocket or a favourite auntie who offers them chocolate every time they fall over and hurt themselves? Do they fall over a lot more than usual when she visits?
    There’s a Sugar Bandit in most families and they certainly don’t mean any harm – in fact, quite the opposite. They love your children and they love to see them happy!

But, are they literally spoiling them rotten?

This Dental Health Week (August 4-10), the Australian Dental Association wants you to dob in your family’s Sugar Bandit.

It’s a tongue-in-cheek campaign but there’s a serious message behind it.

The reality is that almost 50 per cent of Aussie children under six have tooth decay, a disease that can result in pain, the removal of teeth, bad breath and a host of other problems.

It is a disease that can be prevented by brushing and flossing, eating a balanced diet and making sure sugary treats are not eaten too frequently.
    And while a growing number of Aussie parents are making better choices for their children – it is the other people in their lives who are still contributing to the problem, teaching them that junk food is a reward or can make you feel better when you’re hurting.

How about a hug instead? It won’t rot your teeth!
    In my family - its ALL 3 grandparents (DH's Mum has passed, or no doubt she would be just as bad).

Honestly, every time they see her they give her lollies or chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My step mum has said (and I quote) "I can't wait to take her for her first macdonalds" :-/ hmmmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Both MIL and my mum.
    My mum usually will stop after I tell her not too.
    MIL argues with DH about why we don't want them having too much junk. "It's only a couple of {insert junk food here}.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum and sister, the inlaws also listen to my choices and respect them