+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some people have no idea! You have been sick, are pregnant and now have a sick son, it's not like you are having days off to recover from hangovers each week

I say hang in there, take as long as you need off with your son and they will get over it and have it covered. Look after your family first Hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Love View Post
    Not unless i use rec leave, or if my baby comes early like DS did (and mind you they still tried to make me go to work or go without pay while i was in labor for 4 days. DH had to fight that battle for me as i was naturally unable to...)

^^ what?! I thought your original post was horrible enough, but did this seriously happen too?
    They sound similar to my last job (I resigned at the end of my maternity leave as they filled my role and had no position for me, even though they were required too...)
    Screw them. Go on leave early.
    And I understand you protecting DH's job above yours, not that you're shy less important but his job will be the family stability in the coming months.
    You poor thing. Your manager is an ***.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    ^^ what?! I thought your original post was horrible enough, but did this seriously happen too?
    They sound similar to my last job (I resigned at the end of my maternity leave as they filled my role and had no position for me, even though they were required too...)
    Screw them. Go on leave early.
    And I understand you protecting DH's job above yours, not that you're shy less important but his job will be the family stability in the coming months.
    You poor thing. Your manager is an ***.
    Yep it was horrendous, they absolutely refused to accept that i was having complications (placenta abruption) and was going to deliver early. DH ended up advising them he was going to fax through something from the hospital to prove it and they are to start my mat leave asap.

They just tried to palm it off like we were lying and I was trying to get out of work early. It was stress we didn't need but thankfully DH got it sorted as they had no choice but to believe us in the end once he then faxed them DS's birth certificate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your boss sounds like he has no idea. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of cr&p.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you keep a record of these incidents too