Closed Thread
Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    What clothing is everyone buying for their bubs?
    Being born in late spring early summer Ive got a few (4) long sleeve wondersuits with feet and a few short sleeve rompers (3) and wondering if he's going to be too hor or too cold? I know the rule is one layer more than you but I'm always cold (when not pregnant) and all the clothing guides I can find are for night time/swaddling. Perth weather is too unpredictable atm!
    I've been wondering the same thing! I have 2 0000 long sleeve wonder suits with feet and the rest of the clothes are short sleeve rompers in the hospital bag. My sister had a baby in January and he lived in short sleeved everything as it was hot often.

I'm also not sure about sizes! I don't want to buy a heap of 0000 if baby is going to be big (I'm quite tall and was a huge baby). I figure I can just ask someone to go to the shops and stock up for me once baby is born though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have a few 0000 suits.. mostly short sleeve and legless onesies. But a couple of long sleeved ones too just in case they are a cooler bub or weather gets cold.

I think they will only be in 0000 for the first 2, maybe 3 weeks. I also of course have some 000 suits, so will be covered for the first days atleast... then if I need anything I am sure my spoiling MIL will head out to get them, wash them and bring to me stat.

getting excited for my babyshower this saturday!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls, we were given soooooo much 000 stuff (approx 25-30 onesies of varying sleeve and leg lengths ontop of the 15 my mum had already sent) and only a few 0000 bits. I think I have enough 0000 to cover 2/3 weeks even if he is 9lb. Its so hard to predict what size is required , even got some 00000 emergency onesies just in case. My biggest struggle is to find ones that dont need to go over babies head in 0000.

DH quiet likes my snorning, he knows how much of an insominac I am so hearing my snore puts him at ease. @90Bayside I hope the couch is comfortable.
    @Bow Ties Are Cool how exciting for your baby shower!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for those who are snoring. I used to snore horribly before I lost weight and poor dh couldn't ever sleep.
    @Wishnhope we have a mixture of long and short onsies in 0000 and 000. We were very lucky to be given a lot from friends who have had girls. I've packed only 0000 and I have 2 00000 also but I doubt she will wear them.

We had a ecv (attempt at turning bubs from breach) this morning and unfortunately she is stubborn and it didn't work. It also took an hour to get a consistent 20 minute monitoring of her heartbeat she kept kicking it away!! It was a little scary having so many drs and midwives around but it didn't hurt too bad. It has a 50% success rate so was worth a try.

We now have a date booked for a c section!! 9th October, 9 days away!! Kinda scary knowing that our lives will be changing so very soon!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklemonkey For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklemonkey View Post
    I feel for those who are snoring. I used to snore horribly before I lost weight and poor dh couldn't ever sleep.
    @Wishnhope we have a mixture of long and short onsies in 0000 and 000. We were very lucky to be given a lot from friends who have had girls. I've packed only 0000 and I have 2 00000 also but I doubt she will wear them.

We had a ecv (attempt at turning bubs from breach) this morning and unfortunately she is stubborn and it didn't work. It also took an hour to get a consistent 20 minute monitoring of her heartbeat she kept kicking it away!! It was a little scary having so many drs and midwives around but it didn't hurt too bad. It has a 50% success rate so was worth a try.

We now have a date booked for a c section!! 9th October, 9 days away!! Kinda scary knowing that our lives will be changing so very soon!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's so exciting!!! 10 days to go until you meet your little girl!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Sparklemonkey  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH asked my OB the other day about what he could do for my snoring and all he said was get a spare bed LMAO! My OB has a dry sense of humour As for baby clothes, i have mostly 000 but a couple of 0000 and 00 will wait and see how he goes, i intend on putting him in the warmer things for bed time and i have 4 Halo swaddles ( recommended from the SIDS site) Im paranoid about the sleeping stuff and thats why i think i will really like my breathing monitor, many mums admit to checking for breathing a lot at night so a little extra reassurance!
    Been getting some bad cramping lately don't know what thats about but it never lasts long 3-4min, i leave for town i 10 days so i hope he stays in for at least another 10!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kidlets are in 0000000's. That is so completely crazy. Not that they have worn them yet but some day in the next week or so apparently.... eeeppp!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    My kidlets are in 0000000's. That is so completely crazy. Not that they have worn them yet but some day in the next week or so apparently.... eeeppp!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wow megs! I cant even imagine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sparkle, I'm glad the ecv didn't hurt, shame it didn't work though. How exciting how soon it will be till you meet bubs. My bub has been in breech since 24 weeks, I'm 29 weeks now but they've said if I make it that far they won't do the ecv on me bc of the single artery. I've been spending a bit of time on all fours though it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone else know of any other old wives tales to get it to turn?
    @megs I didn't know they were made that small, that's crazy - does the hospital supply them? It'll be an exciting day when they get clothes on. Where are people getting their 00000's from? I've got some 0000's but bubs is likely to be small so I think I'll need smaller.
    @emski bugger about the GD and on top of coeliac! Can it be diet controlled or do you need insulin? I suppose at least us ivf gals know how to stab ourselves with a needle, though obviously it would be far better if you didn't have to.
    As for date coincidences, I lost a baby at 20 weeks in 2006 on the exact same day as our EDD for this baby. I don't really feel like it's a good omen though, it makes me nervous thinking about it and sad about how hard the in between years have been.
    Last edited by misti; 29-09-2014 at 20:09.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sparklemonkey how exciting! Not long till you meet bub!!
    @90Bayside just wanted to say we went to the one day antenatal class and you didn't miss much. Didn't have much about looking after bub just more about labour. It was good but not necessary by any means.

Afm, had my baby shower yesterday. Was thrown by a lady I work with and just had work people as all our family live overseas. Was absolutely beautiful and I was overwhelmed by the generosity!!

I haven't bought any clothes, I've been given soo many in a range of sizes so should be set.

I was wondering what everyone thinks about baby monitors with the movement sensors? I have decided I would like a video monitor and I like the look of the oricom one but not sure if I should get the one with the movement sensor too? I will have a fan on as I live in queensland and heard this could cause a problem. What is everyone else thinking?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post: