Closed Thread
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I also get no paid leave from my job but am taking 5 weeks annual leave then ppl and then 3 months of no pay. Hopefully we will cope!!
    I started to sign up for the ppl and centre link the other day but I needed my passport and was at work. But my manager told me that they get it paid to them in 1 lump sum and then they pay me for 18 weeks (9 pays as our pay cycle is fortnightly.)
    Not sure if I said I did the gtt last week and had a scan. Wasn't too bad and they haven't called me yet so taking that as a good sign. Bubs is measuring approx 1.5kg and approx 10 days ahead. She looked so comfy they said she will be approx 3.5kg at birth which is around 7lb8oz which is fine by me!!
    We also sent to our first antenatal class this week which was just a tour at the hospital.
    30 weeks tomorrow. Can't believe iys nearly time to meet the bubba we've longed for for 5 years. We actually found out we lost our 1st one on 14th October 2009 so it would be a weird coincidence if she was born on that day

Megs I hope those babies are getting nice and comfy and I have everything crossed for you xx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yipeee husband just felt them kick for the first time. I'm 20 weeks on Sunday. I started feeling them at 16 weeks, but they're much stronger now. One makes my belly jump. Now I know the joys you've all been talking about

Regarding Mat leave, do you girls have the option to take half pay for longer? I found out i can today. It saves a fair bit of tax.
    I did a return to work budget.... After childcare $200/day for the two, and tax I take home the most money working 3 days per week. I actually take home less working 4 or 5 days.

Megs, I'm so so so sure you're going to get waaaayyyy past viable stage. Thinking of you and hope the next 11 days fly by.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 08-08-2014 at 23:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 hang in there! You're doing so well!

Thanks for the feedback regarding mat leave I had no idea it was optional for employers to do it.
    I'm taking the 4 weeks paid and then the 18 weeks ppl then I have LSL which I'll take at half pay.
    I'm calling childcare next week! Thinking of going to a co-op and if they're full looking into family day care. I'd love a nanny but I think they might be a bit too pricey.

27 weeks today. I can't believe it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for myself so no maternity leave for me, other than the ppl. I'm not sure how much time I'll have off either, if I could go back to even just 1 day a fortnight soon after bubs is born I would be sure of keeping my most loyal client but I have no idea if that's realistic and I haven't sorted out any childcare yet. My DH also has his own business so I'm hoping he could work from home the days I am out.

Megs dont feel feel bad for not always being positive, it'd be weird if you were. Whatever you're feeling each day is fine and perfectly normal. It's crazy how far away 11 days can feel but it's great that your hanging in there and I'm still thinking long and closed thoughts on your behalf!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo the Baby Expo is finally in Perth!! Ill be headed there today on a solo mission to stalk the stalls and grab me some bargains!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have fun wish and remember, head down and elbows out!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BaoLovesLudo that's amazing it works out you make more if you work less! How did you work that out? Do child care costs vary?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby Expo Bargains and Freebies

image.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo wishnhope! The expo is great for free samples & bargains

Started decorating the nursery today by painting the feature wall:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407576461.450167.jpg

Planning on having loads of pink accessories :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Willowglen it's crazy huh. It depends on what tax bracket you fit and how much childcare you pay. Government pays up to $7500 back per child per year for childcare. I will have two in childcare. Childcare fees for 3 days/wk (after the rebate) will cost us appox $16000/year. Childcare for 5 days is $37000 per year (after rebate)!! Regarding tax I will pay an extra $10000 more per year working 5 days compared to 3! So after you consider those two things I take home more in my pocket working 3 days than what I'd take home working full time. Childcare cost for me will be $100/day per child. Fees can vary. But I want to take them to the childcare that is attached to where I work as I hear it is very good.
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 09-08-2014 at 21:39.