Closed Thread
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Just finished our Breastfeeding Education Class run by the Australian Breastfeeding Association and couldn't recommend it enough! It was so good to be reassured about the things I've read about and really helped DH understand how important his role is to a successful breastfeeding relationship.
    Speaking of breast feeding it have colostrum!! I'm so excited! I have been squeezing my boobs every time I have a shower to see if I had some ( been worried I wouldn't for some strange reason, even though sometimes it doesn't come until you give birth) I was asking the mw about it at my last app and she said after my shower to squeeze from behind the nipple and pull towards nipple and see if any clear bubbles form, that is colostrum. Done it last night and was sooo excited about it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm I just googled those classes @Wishnhope and they look good, did many partners attend as well, or was it more just pregnant women? I can imagine it'd be hard to convince DH to go. Having said that he's in South Africa for another week anyway (hopefully not getting Ebola), so at the moment my main concern is that I'll have to have a c/s at Thursday's growth scan and he won't here, neither of us have family nearby so it could be an interesting day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misti View Post
    Hmm I just googled those classes @Wishnhope and they look good, did many partners attend as well, or was it more just pregnant women? I can imagine it'd be hard to convince DH to go. Having said that he's in South Africa for another week anyway (hopefully not getting Ebola), so at the moment my main concern is that I'll have to have a c/s at Thursday's growth scan and he won't here, neither of us have family nearby so it could be an interesting day.
    @misti most of the attendees were couples only a couple of women came solo due to working Husbands. Some looked thoroughly bored, others (like my DH thankfully) were very interested and asking questions. Im sure you'll be ok if you go alone and hoping for good news at Thursday's scan.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

misti  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those classes are amazing! I went to one last year for Uni and I so wish that I had've done one before I had my son because it would have made it all so much easier. Glad I have been to one before breastfeeding this time round.

My ankles and feet are so swollen and no amount of rest helps I think I will end up needing to wear compression stockings to help as I still have at least another 8 weeks on my feet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Hopeful View Post

My ankles and feet are so swollen and no amount of rest helps I think I will end up needing to wear compression stockings to help as I still have at least another 8 weeks on my feet.
    Its crazy isnt it! Ive been off my feet all day and they still look horrific, reached a new low with my feet retaining the indents from my shoes! Not a pretty look compresion stockings tomorrow, IF the swelling has gone down enough to get them on.

Re the breastfeeding classes my MIL's response was "why on earth would you go to a breastfeeding class when you dont have a baby?" Being well informed I guess isn't something the previous generation Understands

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ the stockings are fantastic!
    My feet were still swollen the first two days of wear but I could see it going down.
    Just DONT wear them sleeping or napping.

I am doing the breastfeeding class next month while DH goes to a first time fathers session.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Re the breastfeeding classes my MIL's response was "why on earth would you go to a breastfeeding class when you dont have a baby?" Being well informed I guess isn't something the previous generation Understands
    Last week I sent my parents to the 3 hour info session for new grandparents that my hospital offers. They were a bit sceptical, but they came out of it really enthusiastic - apparently the midwife talked about birth techniques that have changed over the years, new safety regulations, the sort of support the new parents might need, and some practicalities, like how to swaddle correctly. If anyone's hospital offers them, my parents said it was really worth it...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawly For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad day in baysides household today... After a long and determined fight to the end DHs father sadly passed away today. Was expected, but still sucks. We were hoping against all hope that he might have made it to see the twins born, but alas, the last couple of weeks were to be too much of a stretch for him.

Sorry for the downer post. The timing is such a cruel twist of fate....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    Sad day in baysides household today... After a long and determined fight to the end DHs father sadly passed away today. Was expected, but still sucks. We were hoping against all hope that he might have made it to see the twins born, but alas, the last couple of weeks were to be too much of a stretch for him.

Sorry for the downer post. The timing is such a cruel twist of fate....
    Im so sorry for your loss bayside. Big hugs to you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to totalkaos For This Useful Post:

90Bayside  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that @90Bayside. Hugs to you and DH xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

90Bayside  (21-09-2014)