Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also get nothing, just the 18wks government one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforlife View Post
    Yep sorry we can take 12 months maternity leave and can extend it for a further 12 months.
    The first 4 weeks are paid at regular salary and then you get whatever centre link will give you.
    My friend's workplace give their employees 14 weeks at full pay!
    I can't believe you get nothing wow I didn't realise that was possible. I guess I can't complain about 4 weeks then!
    Im another one who gets zero from my employer and only gets the centrelink paid parental leave. I dont know anyone who has been paid by their employer as well as the govt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I'm also only getting centrelink and they aren't holding my job open as iv only been there 4 1/2 months

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one here who's work doesn't so paid maternity leave.... I will be using annual leave, government 18 week paid parental leave, and savings (not that there will be much of that left)
    I am taking 6 months off then going back 3 days per week for a month, then 4 days a week for a month, then deciding if we can afford for me to stay 4 days but I think I'll end up back full time

Don't forget to do your application online for paid parental leave through centrelink 3 months before your due date so it gets processed quicker after baby is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get three months paid from work (taken at half pay over six months)... And I'll definitely be away for twelve months.

Went to see a muscular skeletal physio today. He was amazing.... Truly amazing. My shoulder is so much better already.

Have a good weekend ladies... I'll be resting up with nothing planned, trying to shake the end of this sinus infection!

Megs- keep your legs crossed! We are still thinking of you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a full time Uni student and was self employed up until a month ago and now just work a casual job 1 day a week to get us by and also so that I can still be eligible for the paid parental leave from centrelink. Partners also get 2 weeks paid from centrelink too.
    I will be back at uni when bub is around 6 wks old (1 shift a week of prac plus online study), then casual work 1 day a week again after the centrelink pay finishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While we're on the topic, how does the Centrelink parental leave work for those who get paid leave from their employer? Do we get some of it? None of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shawly I'm pretty sure you can choose whether you want both payments over the same period or have one following the other eg: paid work leave for 8 weeks then centrelink pay starts after that

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Shawly  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of the lucky ones and I get 8 weeks full pay. And I thought I was hard done by! Then taking annual and long service and will go back part time after 6 months.

Do we apply for the paid parental leave through centre link?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My plans for mat leave all had to change.. im on 8 weeks annual leave now and will have to see the outcome of the pregnancy to know what happens with leave and stuff.

Im still hanging on girls, trying so hard to be positive but its so hard. Today im 22 weeks and 3 days... I still have 11 days until viability and although that is so much closer than before it still seems so so far away. The last 24hrs ive had vaginal pressure and a heavy pelvis, it worries me and I get scared every time I go to the loo. But im doing everything I can to save these babies.
    Its just hard cause each day that passes im excited that we are getting closer but also more afraid that we will lose everything just before we could have had the chance not to.

I hope you all have a lovely, stress free weekend. Enjoy every second ladies.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app