Closed Thread
Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The guest thing is really bugging me too! I will be on my own for the most part so having someone around will be nice but i don't want to be looking after them!! Getting a lot of period type pain, anyone else?? Don't know whats happening!! OB appointment on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's been bugging me alot also. so DH and I decided, seeing as the Midwife expects to have us home 4 hours after the birth, we will be telling only our parents to start, and then when we are ready, we will let the rest of the family and friends know.

I am serisously considering "visiting hours" heheh

My neighbour and I have joked, she will be our Baby Security.. and have a visitors book. If you aren't on it, you can't come in, then if you've been there for half hour, she comes in and boots you out! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Sorry to hear all those having work troubles. It sucks to think discrimination still happens but it does! My boss has sent me to another ward when I return so she doesn't have to cover my leave and I've been completely overlooked for more responsibilities since I've been pregnant. It's very disappointing.

Congrats to all those starting maternity leave! Not long to go now for some! 6 weeks to go for me, can't wait!!

The visitor issue is tricky. I told our parents I wanted a week at home with just the 3 of us and my mum is fine and coming 2 weeks after due date but MIL insists she must see baby straight away so will be coming after birth. I have told DH to tell her she's not staying long but it may get tricky.
    @stillfuntryin I was getting exact pain yesterday really bad. Really low aching pains whenever I got up and walked. Was freaking me out a bit but I just tried to rest and so far today it's been ok. I'm hoping it's just growing pain cause I've had it before and dr wasn't concerned unless it was excruciating or contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RE: work issues... I think i have come to a decision on mine... just have to talk it over with DH first.

in a nut shell, going to lean towards the redundancy if I can. I have had to deal with far too much stress since being in this job, and the thought of havign to continually fight to keep one day of work a week... not worth it. Stress or $ wise.

plus this way I will have 6 months to get my next venture of income sorted. rather than only 4. PLus, would get more $ in that 6 months, than I would over 10 months if i was to return to 1 day per week after the 4 months. hope that makes sense. thinking and typing can be a confusing thing!! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bowtiesarecool... I'm glad you have found some resolve with this work stuff. It really isn't worth stressing about when we have such exciting times ahead!! Time to focus on the arrival of our little bubbas instead or keeping ourselves up at night worrying about work. There are always other jobs out there.

I literally just got off the phone to my boss, I'm pretty happy based on our conversation that my redundancy is all but guaranteed... I just need to work out how to maximise my entitlements from a timing perspective...

Well, I can't believe my first week of mat leave is done and dusted! Just not being at work is brilliant and I feel so much more relaxed and at peace already. For those of you going on mat leave today, enjoy it.... It is such a good feeling!!

Have a great weekend ladies....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (20-09-2014),olismumma  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree on it not worth being the stress!
    There's only two people I would really miss, one is a colleague, the other is my bosses wife. But there's a chance I'll still be able to work for the bosses other small business. So will still get to see her and that team.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am soooo jealous of those already of maternity leave!!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    I am soooo jealous of those already of maternity leave!!! lol
    Me too!!! 6 full weeks to go for me ... getting there. Some little upstart at work yesterday said 'don't worry they are interviewing two really fantastic peoole for your role today, so we should be fine!.... gee thanks Miss no filter, just what someone wants to hear. I swear that girl is clueless to office etiquette. I'm hoping she really puts her foot in it with the wrong person while I'm on leave and is taken down a peg or two.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Me too!!! 6 full weeks to go for me ... getting there. Some little upstart at work yesterday said 'don't worry they are interviewing two really fantastic peoole for your role today, so we should be fine!.... gee thanks Miss no filter, just what someone wants to hear. I swear that girl is clueless to office etiquette. I'm hoping she really puts her foot in it with the wrong person while I'm on leave and is taken down a peg or two.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    There is quite a few of those in my office too! Think one trouble maker got a talking to the other day... her icy reception towards me and lack of conversation tells me as much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just finished our Breastfeeding Education Class run by the Australian Breastfeeding Association and couldn't recommend it enough! It was so good to be reassured about the things I've read about and really helped DH understand how important his role is to a successful breastfeeding relationship.