Closed Thread
Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry some of you are going through crap with work that sucks and there really is no need for it! I'm lucky in that my boss is my parents ( we manage there motel) the downside being I will be working until I give birth and then we wil have 2 weeks off before returning but obviously as we live at work bubs will be with me and my parents won't be far away to help if we need it. We do have done people coming to look after the motel from the 18th which is my due date for a week so if bubs decides to be a week over we would get 3 weeks off! I wouldn't be to upset aboutthat! Haha! We have started to get all our family and friends saying they are coming when the baby is born and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. It's lovely and I know immediate family will come which is fine but dh, dd and I will only have 2 weeks to ourselves with bubs before we have to return to work, it would be nice to have some of that time just for us.... On the other hand I have told people not to come after the 2 weeks as we will be flat out with work and trying to work out a bit of a rough routine. I don't want to have to entertain and be cooking meals for other people. How are you all with visitors after bubs arrives?

As as to what I will wear I was thinking the hospital gown, as it will get lots of bodily fluids on it, I took a nighty with dd but after having a bath I put on a gown but ended up nude. I think I will check out those bras someone
    mentioned from target (sorry can't remember who).

I have everything crossed we dont we don't have any more really early arrivals, full termers from now on please babies! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One day of work to go for me and I can't wait. My replacement started today so it's a crash course then good luck haha
    There is a staff member who has been off sick since Tuesday and she called today to let me know she has whooping cough..... Ahhhh talk about freaking out and thinking everything is a symptom. The most frustrating part is DH and I are booked in on Sat for our vaccinations.

Hang in there everyone that is having trouble at work, there is an end in sight with a beautiful bubba to look forward to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @totalkaos Re the guests I am totally freaking out. My parents live interstate and they wanted to stay 2 weeks, I put my foot down and said no way, Dealing with a newborn with sleep depreviation while cooking and cleaning up after 4 people isnt my idea of an ideal situation. I know they say they'll help (inc DH) but ultimately it will be me doing it all, stressing me out. They're now staying 4 days which Im still not comfortable with but nothing I can do about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    As far as I am aware, by law they have to provide the return to work in the capacity that you choose, not them. And should your current position not be suitable for part time, they have to provide something else???
    Hi ladies - have only just seen this, and those of you that are affected may have it sorted by now, but for those that are still wondering the legal position is this:
    - you are entitled to exactly the position (or as close as possible - this recognises that sometimes the operating environment will change) you held before mat leave. That means the days, hours, pay, responsibilities etc. They can't return you to a different role just because they liked your repalcement better.
    - you do not have a right to return to your role part time unless your role was part time to start with.
    - if you can't (or don't want to) return to your pre mat leave position eg the full time version, because you'd rather a part time job for example, your employer is not obliged to find you another role.
    - your employer can make your position redundant while you are on mat leave but is required to consult with you about it first if you're covered by an Award (or sometimes an EA).
    - your employer is required to consult with you about significant change to your job during your mat leave.
    - if you want to request a return to work on different terms and conditions than what you had pre mat leave e.g. part time, work from home etc, you can make a request to your employer (has to be in writing, should be more than 4 weeks before your return to work) and they then have 21 days to respond your request in writing, if they decline it they must provide "reasonable business grounds" - in reality even if their reasons are unreasonable or bogus, there is limited scope to challenge them.

That's it in a nutshell, but let me know if you have any other specific questions re rights pre/post/during mat leave.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Bow Ties Are Cool  (19-09-2014),emski72  (18-09-2014),GStef  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    @totalkaos Re the guests I am totally freaking out. My parents live interstate and they wanted to stay 2 weeks, I put my foot down and said no way, Dealing with a newborn with sleep depreviation while cooking and cleaning up after 4 people isnt my idea of an ideal situation. I know they say they'll help (inc DH) but ultimately it will be me doing it all, stressing me out. They're now staying 4 days which Im still not comfortable with but nothing I can do about it.
    ahh it's hard isn't it? Only my parents live in our town and because we run a motel EVERYONE who comes to visit will be staying with us I find it hard enough cooking and cleaning after my family let alone extras. In the 2 weeks we have off we are going to stay at my parents house and they will be here. SO that's why I'm trying to get whoever wants to come, here in that time because we will at least be able to leave. Also my mum will sort out meals. I know 14 people plan on coming so far! I just know I couldn't cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandparents are staying with us on and off for 7 wks. I don't plan on doing cooking or cleaning unless I need to and I know I can rely on my grandmother to help out so I'm not too concerned at this stage. I think being in hospital for the first week will help DH and I a lot.

Had my 37 wk app today, baby isn't engaged yet although I'm feeling it trying to engage a lot tonight! OB said she will examine me next week and may strip and stretch to get the process started. We asked how far over she would allow us to go and she said no more than 2 days past 40wks because the risk of stillborn increases. Different for those who have conceived naturally because you may not know the exact date of conception.

Will wait and see!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last day of work!! Yippee! Can't wait for this next chapter!!!!

Went last night a bought a King Single bed for the spare room, so DH can get a good night sleep! His little 'Wombat' as he calls me is keeping him awake all night with my rolling around.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by GStef; 19-09-2014 at 07:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Last day of work!! Tippee! Can't wait for this next chapter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Me too!! Yay for maternity leave

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy your last day @GStef!!! So wish that was me right now!

Not looking forward to today and the next 6 weeks remaining of work. Especially if the past few days is anything to go by.

Snot face really got her knickers in a knot yesterday and walked out without saying goodbye! Even my arch enemy has the decency to greet me hello n goodbye, albeit begrudgingly, but he still does it.

I have woken again with a stress migraine, and my boss isn't in today. Really hope today goes fast.
    @ELM13 - wow you are so close!!!!

For those worried about guests, I agree to trying to limit them and/or their time, but if it's too much just say you and bubs are going for a lay down. Close the door and shut them out. That will be my plan anyway. I know DH family can get overwhelming and outstay their welcome.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GStef woo hoo for today being our last day. My boss is even coming an hour from our other office to take me to lunch.... Now that was a huge surprise.

My DH spent last weekend on the lounge. I have been sleeping in the spare room but it was the step daughters weekend to stay over so I had to go back to our bed...... Apparently I'm snoring like a freight train and he got more sleep sharing the lounge with the dog haha