Closed Thread
Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Thinking of all struggling with bubba's no growing and possible pre-term labour and always sending positive vibes to those who have had their bubbas too. Certainly puts all the whinging into perspective.
    What FB page is everyone talking about?

AFM started packing my hospital bag and new nappy bag too very exciting.
    Re the what to wear during labour. I thought a gown was the general attire no matter the circumstance? So I asked DH what he thought and his response was "you're not going to be worried about what you're wearing, there is going to be a baby coming out of your whoha!" Men!
    Hey wish. I started a facebook community page called Aiden and Abigail Breukers. It was an easier way to keep family and friends in the loop and not have to message everyone individually.... its even how my parents know things. We would rather spend the time we have with the babies than on the phone to everyone

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnyteblu View Post
    This past weeks has been one of the most stressful times of my life! I had a phonecall from my payroll officer to confirm my PPL and she mentioned my return to work date of Feb 23 (which unfortunately it is) and when I mentioned my part time status she said she was under the impression I would be returning full time. I have since found out that my company may not with me to return Part time and If I can't return full time I will cease to be employed. I seriously couldn't believe it. They knew 4 months ago what my intentions were and 7 days before I'm due to go on leave they decided to make an issue about it! ARRRRGH! So now I'm 2 days out and waiting to hear what my CEO has to say. I did not need any of this right now and I have no idea what I'll do if I have to come full time. Childcare is just too expensive! I'm trying to stay calm for Snowflakes's sake but it's so difficult. I see the OB this arvo and I'm worried about what might be happening because my Brax have started up again after a little break and my cramping hasn't eased off. Oh well we'll see I guess
    As far as I am aware, by law they have to provide the return to work in the capacity that you choose, not them. And should your current position not be suitable for part time, they have to provide something else???
    I understand that it can be hard - I am always walked over and hate myself for it!

@Flower78 - So pleased to hear that Miles is slowly but surely getting along!!! Love his name also!

Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    Hey wish. I started a facebook community page called Aiden and Abigail Breukers. It was an easier way to keep family and friends in the loop and not have to message everyone individually.... its even how my parents know things. We would rather spend the time we have with the babies than on the phone to everyone
    Loving the updates on FB Megs, and i agree, one place, one update = more time to spend with those babes and getting the rest that you need!

AFM: no real hip pains here yet. Got some rib pain, and the restless legs.
    And oh boy am I tired. Want to ask to start doing half days work from home, but will likely chicken out - I am just no good when it comes to asking for things for myself when it's work related.. and anything really!

Hasn't helped that I had a run in with a colleague yesterday - was put in a very uncomfortable situation, and then the cow had the hide to start probing me about my leave intentions and such. Then went on to say, because your role can't be made part time - who ever heard of a part time PA (I am not JUST a PA), and oh the other PA does REAL PA work, unlike you... So there is really no position for you to return to!

WEll, I said, I have had discussions with my boss, however nothing is in wirting and it is not for public knowledge as yet.

She is such a rude old biddy. She WAS nice when she started, but then the other nasties in the office have got in her ear and now her attitude has changed towards me. Its such a small office. And it's historically known, anyone in MY role, is treated like a leper almost. I'll be glad to be able to work from home and not have to come back to this hole of an office and deal with such nasty people.

Thanks
    Reviews

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Midnyteblu  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh Bow Ties I hear you! I'm such a push over when it comes to stuff like this. Ive just been told I need to go to Head Office today for a meeting with the CEO, I'm due to finish tomorrow. Who knows, at 5pm I'll either have a job next year or I won't. And today's my birthday so I really don't want to be doing this today

On the plus my OB appt was moved to today so if nothing else I've been able to see Snowflake this morning.

So here's an interesting question for people, especially those who have known what they are having, my OB concentrated on the bladder today (nice and full apparently), I couldn't really see anything on the ultrasound, could this mean I'm having a boy? My OB knows I don't know so he didn't say anything and I'm not sure if you can even tell from where the bladder is but it was kinda blank...thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    so my above situation has worsened. Said person has apparently gone around saying she knows what was offered and what my plan was.
    So i got berated out by my boss for that and for leaving early yesterday (i was NOT feeling well).

So I have set him straight, BUT he has since also given me furhter information re: my position and that's he's being pushed to make me redundant!

I have contacted my solicitor for legal advice. I am so upset and stressed right now.

I have a headache, the stress is causing me lack of sleep and anxiety.

eta: I never once told another person in this company what was offered to me!!! and would never until I had an agreement in writing!
    Last edited by Bow Ties Are Cool; 18-09-2014 at 11:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea about the bladder, i wouldn't think it would have any connection to the sex, prob just making sure everything is working right
    My mum got me the Oricom monitor with sensor pads cost $379 but what a great gift!! I have heard the angel care ones give a lot of false alarms and the Oricom one are the best. Moving a bit of stuff into town this weekend and DH loaded the pram into the car and i think he had a little daddy moment and realised that a little human will soon be in that stroller!! I think it was a mixture of excitement and fear LOL
    I have also been thinking of what i will wear for the birth, not really sure, i might just wear a BFing crop top, they sell them at Target and are VERY comfy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy bday midnyteblu! What a nice surprise getting to see bubs on your bday. When u are looking at the bladder on lara sound, it's nowhere near the 'bits' that give gender away.... I wouldn't read anything into it. I know our genders, and even then I still have to look pretty hard to see which one is which

@bowtiesarecool I hear you. I'm pretty sure my job will be made redundant too when I'm on mat leave. They can do that legally, provided it's a legitimate redundancy and they are not going to replace you with someone else in the same/similar job when you are gone. It's work reading up on discrimination at the fair work website. I read through it all and feel much more informed. Failing that, I recall @Vixjc is up to speed on this stuff, maybe PM her and ask her to point you in the right direction....

It's nasty stuff though. I would have thought in this day and age discrimination around pregnancy and maternity leave would be a thing of the past, but apparently it's alive and well! It's so disappointîng. There are a few of us now that will be suffering a similar fate. It's wrong, and it sucks and the worst part is trying to make a decision about what to do if it does happen to you. Do you fight it, or is it just easier to walk away (which is what they hope you do). I'm still in two minds about what to do in my case..... Luckily I'm informed and can see what's going to happen three steps before it all happens....it's playing out exactly how I thought it would and they are doing all the wrong things from a discrimination perspective. And I've got fantastic notes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @90Bayside. I am told from a friend that because they have offered me first the part time bit, if they try to make me redundant they will be in hot water.

Waiting to hear back from my solicitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bow Ties Are Cool View Post
    thanks @90Bayside. I am told from a friend that because they have offered me first the part time bit, if they try to make me redundant they will be in hot water.

Waiting to hear back from my solicitor.
    I hear you I have been going through hell with my work my boss is pathetic and a lot of the people in the office have noticed and agreed he doesn't speak to me anymore and actually ignores me point blank and makes it so obvious all because things didn't go his way I won't be having a job to go back to either but I knew that as I was new when I fell pregnant one minute everything was fine my boss liked me and so did my team as soon as I announced the pregnancy that all turned to **** especially because I'm young I always work so hard and try so hard to fit in and prove myself but iv given up now i just get ny work done and leave so I totally understand how you feel discrimination is very real and very much still around it really does suck but hang in there just remember your main priority is to have a healthy baby no amount of work related stress is worth it you will find something else and I think after the way you have been treated you are better off with something fresh a whole new begining new baby followed by new job

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hate being called in to question when someone does something against me, and I am made out to be the bad guy! When I have done nothing!

I had trouble in a past role, and man I WISH I had that boss now. He was great. He would come to me before making judgement and ask me exactly what the story was.. and not jump to conclusions because someone said something nasty about me. Always turned out that he could see I was being bullying and would nip it before it turned into stress for me.

Tomorrow will be interesting.. boss isn't in so will see how the rest of the office act towards me. I know little miss trouble maker looks to have her knickers in a knot and will be even ruder towards me now. Oh well, I will be taking notes!