Closed Thread
Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Everyone.

Seriously Megs, I'm blaming hormones but when I saw your news about Abby and Aiden I burst into tears at my desk. My boss freaked out Congratulations hun, I am so happy for you, they are both gorgeous little fighters.

I hearing a lot about hip pain. I'm hearing you completely on that front! mine started around 32 weeks and hasn't eased off. It's getting worse now that Snowflake is getting lower. I've been taking panadol just to help get me to sleep but I can be guaranteed to be awake again within 2 hours and that's pretty much the end of my sleep for the night.

I honestly haven't thought about what I'll wear. and now I am and can't stop thinking bout it My friend told me with her 1st she had a plan for that but once she was actually in labour she couldn't stand to have anything touching her including clothing. She said she had never stripped so quickly in her life!

I go on Mat Leave in 2 days. I'll be 37 weeks. I think my fear is that I wont get to enjoy a break after leaving but even if I do go into labour on Saturday at least I'll be holding Snowflake soon (which in itself is a scary thought).

This past weeks has been one of the most stressful times of my life! I had a phonecall from my payroll officer to confirm my PPL and she mentioned my return to work date of Feb 23 (which unfortunately it is) and when I mentioned my part time status she said she was under the impression I would be returning full time. I have since found out that my company may not with me to return Part time and If I can't return full time I will cease to be employed. I seriously couldn't believe it. They knew 4 months ago what my intentions were and 7 days before I'm due to go on leave they decided to make an issue about it! ARRRRGH! So now I'm 2 days out and waiting to hear what my CEO has to say. I did not need any of this right now and I have no idea what I'll do if I have to come full time. Childcare is just too expensive! I'm trying to stay calm for Snowflakes's sake but it's so difficult. I see the OB this arvo and I'm worried about what might be happening because my Brax have started up again after a little break and my cramping hasn't eased off. Oh well we'll see I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, had another scan this week and saw my obs. My boy has had an abdominal circumference in the 5th percentile since 23 weeks, I'm 25 now. The rest of him is growing and he is not distressed, but things might change. The abdomen is the first place to show signs of placenta insufficiency. Dr says I need to have weekly scans to make sure he doesn't stop growing. If he stops growing then we will have to take him out early... But trouble is two babies have to come out together, so if he stops growing before a safe gestational age to deliver then we have to leave him with chance of still birth, as by taking him out too early means we compromise the other twin. Dr said he may bounce back and catch up with growth which is the best senario, second best is that he keeps growing till a safe gestational age so they can both come out with a good chance of survival. Can't do anything but wait and see.... well being scan this Monday and growth scan the following Monday scary stuff.
    @Flower78 how is your boy? Megs thanks for the fb updates, I'm so glad they're doing okay. @misti is your bub still growing okay?
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 17-09-2014 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaoLovesLudo View Post
    Hi girls, had another scan this week and saw my obs. My boy has had an abdominal circumference in the 5th percentile since 23 weeks, I'm 25 now. The rest of him is growing and he is not distressed, but things might change. The abdomen is the first place to show signs of placenta insufficiency. Dr says I need to have weekly scans to make sure he doesn't stop growing. If he stops growing then we will have to take him them out early... But trouble is two babies have to come out together, so if he stops growing before a safe gestational age to deliver then we have to leave him with chance of still birth. Dr said he may bounce back and catch up with growth which is the best senario, second best is that he keeps growing till a safe gestational age so we don't compromise her. Can't do anything but wait and see.... scan this Monday.
    Hugs hun, I understand the feelings/fears of prem delivery. What is your obs considering as a safe gestational age to deliver if your little man doesnt have a growth spurt? Stats are pretty amazing at the 28 week mark.
    I really hope your little man grows quickly for you. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymbo82 View Post
    @hopeforlife I spent ages trying to work out what to wear then was told t ante-natal class that if you get an epidural you end up in one of their gowns anyway. I will probably take an oversized t-shirt/nighty incase
    Kimbo, I really wanted to know whatbi would wear and most important was always something that was comfortable. But if you have an epidural or c section you are in a hospital gown.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megs sweets, thanks so much for the msg. No need to worry about me, you've got so much to think about. I've been following you on fb, thanks for the updates. They are so beautiful!! Can't believe how big and strong they look, they are amazing! So glad they're doing well...go the A team!
    Dr didn't mention exactly what week is safe gestational age yet. At this stage he wants to just wait and see, but he did warn me we may need to have a discussion together about the above if he doesn't grow, and he gave me an explanation of all the what if's..
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 17-09-2014 at 18:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Bao, my little one is pretty small as well which is a bit of a problem, like @megs said the goal at this stage is to get to 28 weeks which for me is next week. I have a growth scan next Thursday morning and if it hasn't grown enough since the scan I had on Monday it will more than likely come out then. I wish there was something I could do to help it grow more, I'm certainly putting on enough weight, it just seems to be going everywhere except to bubs. I think the low heart rate thing my baby is struggling with might be related to the single artery as well. @flower that was why Miles came out early wasn't it (low heart rate)? Did they think it was related to the SUA? Our obs and the paed we have seen assure me if they take it out it'll be because they are sure it will be the best thing for the baby but I'm still desperately hoping to make it a bit longer. I've also been told it might bounce back growth wise from my last scan so fingers crossed it's bouncing back as I type this after having stuffed myself with carbs for dinner.
    @megs I love the FB site, I hope your little ones are having a good day. @flower I hope all is well with you and your little family.

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BaoLovesLudo. I'm so sorry to hear your news. Between you and @Megsarama26....these twins pregnancies are not easy! 25 weeks is tough but you are past the magic 24 week mark.... I have everything crossed for you that your little boy grows this coming week.....every week counts!
    @Megsarama26, love the daily updates on your Facebook page. Those kids are little fighters. I can only imagine how you feel having to go home with them still in NICU.

Go twin Mumma's....I really want everything to work out for the best for all three of us! (And all the singleton Mumma's). I'll certainly stop complaining about my little twinges and aches and pains... Which are really nothing compared to the stress both of you just be going through. (Thanks for the reality check!)

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti thanks for your update. It looks like they are keeping a close eye on your bubby. I just read that growth restricted bubs do exceptionally well in nicu... because they were already fighting in the uterus they know how to fight. I'll say a prayer for you that your bub keeps growing well past 28. I have no doubt he/she will.

Here is an interesting read. Go premmies!!!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/2499...estone/?cmp=fb

@bayside please please feel free to talk about your aches and pains. They are bloody awful and I haven't hardly felt as much pains as you. If you don't share you'll go crazy hehe
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 17-09-2014 at 20:11.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

misti  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thinking of all struggling with bubba's no growing and possible pre-term labour and always sending positive vibes to those who have had their bubbas too. Certainly puts all the whinging into perspective.
    What FB page is everyone talking about?

AFM started packing my hospital bag and new nappy bag too very exciting.
    Re the what to wear during labour. I thought a gown was the general attire no matter the circumstance? So I asked DH what he thought and his response was "you're not going to be worried about what you're wearing, there is going to be a baby coming out of your whoha!" Men!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, it's getting exciting getting close to our first official "due" month- even though Megs and I got us started early.

We have been doing well in the last few days. Today Miles moved to the step down nursery (Level 2) rather than the ICU (Level 3) which is great progress! He's off oxygen completely as of this morning. Still a chance of going back on if he gets tired but he coped really well today. So next step is breastfeeding and gaining more weight. We had a few tries at feeding but he only sucks a few times then falls asleep!
    @misti Miles was delivered because of low heart rate, in the context of almost no weight gain in two weeks and my feeling less fetal movements indicating fetal distress. My OB was very definite by then that he was better out than in. Without the signs of distress he was trying to get him to 32 weeks even with poor growth. It was due to the single artery in my case yes. @BaoLovesLudo sorry to hear of the low weight of your bubba too. Hopefully he picks up next time. It's even harder with the twins to complicate what to do. I heard the same about IUGR babies, they tend to be more fiesty and that's certainly true of Miles!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

misti  (17-09-2014)