Closed Thread
Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Willowglen, we were given a car seat and I have bought a 2nd hand car capsule that clicks into my pram, I bought that instead of the bassinet attachment for the pram.

Good work megs.

Flower, I hope everything is going ok with your little man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Go Megs, almost at 27. I know you'll make 28 (maybe even 29 :-D Just putting it out there )

We got a capsule that clicks into our pram. DH has done all this research into Car seats and wants a specific one that hasn't been released here in Aust yet so he's hoping for that in the new year.

I've got 11 days left of work and I swear i'm counting the hours. I've had pretty major BH over the weekend and yesterday it was combined with what I can only describe as pretty intense period pain, but the pain didn't last so I didn't worry too much and it hasn't come back, tho the BH have stuck around. It's so strange to thing that I only have 5 weeks till my EDD so I could in theory go any time. Yesterday freaked me out enough that I think I'm going to pack my bags and have them in the car ready to go so DH doesn't have to think about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @Megsarama26! Echoing all previous posts, you're truly amazing!!
    @Willowglen we bought a car seat, cant lift capsules and didnt see the need as Id like to have JJ in the ergo as much as possible when we go out. Lots of people have tried to convince me to buy one but didnt see like it was something Id use regularly, maybe for baby two?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    @Megsarama26 that is truly amazing! So glad you are still hanging on and rapidly heading towards the magic 28 wk milestone! I have my fingers crossed you will make it to 28. X

Someone upstairs is really looking after you and warns you to have two strong, happy and healthy babies!

How's the little boys infection? Any improvements?
    Thank you bayside. Its funny you say about someone upstairs looking out for me. My step father died from cancer complications back in july and he had been such a big positive advocate for us on our ivf journey and was so excited about our twins. I feel like he is watching over us.

Unfortunately they can't do anything now for my little mans infection until he is born. So im just hoping to get him as strong as I can so he will have a better chance to fight it once born. They check on him a few times a day though and so far his heart rate is good.

I had my gtt this morning (that drink is god awful!) I just got the result (only perk of being an inpatient is all my results are same day). And im not a gdm :-) I thought I would be, so at least thats one less thing to contend with. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Megs!! Yay to 27. You know I'm hoping for 30 for you. I remember when I asked my obs about cervical shortening because it's a fear of mine, and he said that it doesn't always mean premature birth, but sometimes an indication that bub might come 10 weeks after start of cervix changes, let's hope this random info is right. I'm cheering for 30 for you! You're amazing!!
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 08-09-2014 at 12:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 I just wrote on the wrong thread oops! Thats amazing news, you have done so well! You have proved all the drs wrong and although its very sad about your stepfather and I am sorry to hear what happened, he could well be looking down on you I have my gtt test on Wednesday, not looking forward to it!
    @Willowglen I think we are getting a car seat straight away, if we do get a capsule we will hire one as I think they are a lot for the length of time it will be used
    @Wishnhope what is an ergo? Thanks!
    @GStef I love your photo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question, and I apologise if its stupid but its worrying me a bit. On Saturday night we had family round for a roast and I did some mashed swede. There was a bit left so I covered it up and put it in the fridge (in its own bowl). I love swede. Yesterday I ate it, but cold, I didn't think to heat it up. I know we are meant to reheat leftovers but surely becasue its a vegetable it would be okay wouldn't it? I have to ask as its bothering me. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I think you will be fine. If it makes you feel better I eat leftover vegie fritters cold the next day and today I did eat some leftover pasta salad I made for a bbq yesterday
    I worried with my first pregnancy but not so much with this one. .. common sense I say! Dont stress yourself out... and @Megsarama26 Woohoooooooo! !!!! You're doing so well, stay positive. I have a feeling your babes will stay put for a lil longer. You have come so far, and have alot of support on here dont forget that
    And to everyone else, I hope your journeys are stress free and no one is feeling too sick/tired.. love seeing bump pics too!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Molros  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megs! You're a champion!!! I'll bet that mini-pamper from the nurses was heaven ... Although I guess clean hair is not really 'pampering' is it! Anyhoo - I'm loving it every time I hear you're proving those docs wrong 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    well sort of just had a little bit of a win...

nothing said or agreed to about me reducing my hours by reducing my lunch breaks... but have been offered to work as a contractor - 1 day per week for the main company, then 1-2 days for his personal business.

Meaning that I wouldn't HAVE to return to the office and could easily do my work from home!

Main concern is how soon he'd expect me to want to return to doing any duties, and whether it would impact on my PPL or not. (he doens't want to impact that f course).

He did say that I am over on my sick days, but in not so many words, they are not too concerned, as they understand my position and my health comes first. And I do have some annual leave (I'd want to seeing as I haven't had any this year!!!)

So lots to take in and discuss further. Any suggestions or advice will be much appreciated!!!