Closed Thread
Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnyteblu View Post
    @Bowties how exciting for you and for everyone, does she know what she's having? my BFF had a boy at 930 last night. Called him Theodore. There has been a serious run of old school names among my friends the past few years.
    Very cute bump pic!

Yes, she is having a girl - Isabella Hope.

she's not having a good start
    they did the stretch and sweep, and then the gel last night. she went in and they gave her peth or morph for pain, which halted the contractions, she now has the balloon and if that doesn't work, they will induce her tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, I had a huge scare at this morning's obs appt, bubs heart rate was below 90 and it wouldn't come back up, I got sent across the road to the hospital and was getting prepped for an emergency c/s when it came good and went back up to 130. I've been in hosp ever since for monitoring but it has stayed up. I'm now back to see the obs tomorr, mon & tues to make sure it's all ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Misty, you poor bub that must have been scary! I'm so glad it's up again. And so happy you're in hospital where baby can be closely monitored.

Megs, Yay! I'm hoping for 28 for you, I'm got a good feeling too. Hope you're okay, still thinking of you.

Girls.... I'm 23+4 and I have a physical job, in the afternoon of a busy day I'm cramping so bad in the uterus I can't stand, can't walk, and need to lie down. It feels tight like a band that's going to break, or a muscle cramp you get in the legs. I went to emergency last week and it's not contractions, but possibly growing pains and braxton hicks.
    I can't work, I can't be changed to a seated job as there is no such thing. I'm thinking of taking sick leave for my last two weeks of work (so next week will be my last). Do you think I'm doing the right thing? I don't cramp like this if I'm not on my feet all day eg. weekends. Has this happened to any of you? Bayside did you get this?
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 04-09-2014 at 16:40.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

misti  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BaoLovesLudo yes you are definitely doing the right thing! Remember it's a twin pregnancy so knowing your limits is more important than for normal pregnancies (although still very important for singletons). You just can't physically do as much as others anymore. Plain and simple. Full stop.

If it gets too much...stop work! The reality is, stopping work early is much better than going into premature labour or putting those bubs at risk in many way, cause you are pushing yourself!

I haven't really felt many Braxton hicks. I do have the tightness and a bit of cramping, but it's not too bad for now. I remember about 22/23 weeks I was feeling terrible and couldn't fathom how I could make it to the end. I took a week off with a head cold and after that felt so much better. Maybe you just need a really good rest too....?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeewww! I just jumped on my OBs website to get the after hours number and I noticed a YouTube video of a c section. Stupidly, I clicked on it and watched it. It was so disgusting!! It's re confirmed for me that, natural or c section, there is NOTHING glamorous about pregnancy.....

I'm quietly freaked out and now wish that I could "unwatch" it....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (04-09-2014),stillfuntryin  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misti View Post
    Hi guys, I had a huge scare at this morning's obs appt, bubs heart rate was below 90 and it wouldn't come back up, I got sent across the road to the hospital and was getting prepped for an emergency c/s when it came good and went back up to 130. I've been in hosp ever since for monitoring but it has stayed up. I'm now back to see the obs tomorr, mon & tues to make sure it's all ok.
    How scary! I'm so glad it came back up! Fingers crossed it stays there.

I think thats a good idea bao! Babies and mummy's well being comes first!

o bayside I seen one that came in an email a few weeks ago...... It looks so rough doesn't it? Obviously it's safe or they wouldn't do it but ouch! I seen forceps used on one born every minute once and I will do everything to avoid that!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to totalkaos For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls! You're right. I'll ring ob tomorrow and finish up end of next week, my work is really understanding.

Misti, how is bub growing? How far are you now? I'm so glad you're in hospital, hopefully bubs hr will stay up and you get to go home soon.

Flower how are you and your little man going?

Can I just say what a wonderful group we've got going here. Most supportive bunch ever.
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 04-09-2014 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bao, I'm 25w5d but bubs is a bit smaller than it should be bc of the single artery in it's cord. I just had a steroid injection for its lungs but its heart rate has been above 120 for the last few hours, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Misti. I'll say a prayer that it stays that way so bub can keep growing in the comfort of home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaoLovesLudo View Post
    Hi Misty, you poor bub that must have been scary! I'm so glad it's up again. And so happy you're in hospital where baby can be closely monitored.

Megs, Yay! I'm hoping for 28 for you, I'm got a good feeling too. Hope you're okay, still thinking of you.

Girls.... I'm 23+4 and I have a physical job, in the afternoon of a busy day I'm cramping so bad in the uterus I can't stand, can't walk, and need to lie down. It feels tight like a band that's going to break, or a muscle cramp you get in the legs. I went to emergency last week and it's not contractions, but possibly growing pains and braxton hicks.
    I can't work, I can't be changed to a seated job as there is no such thing. I'm thinking of taking sick leave for my last two weeks of work (so next week will be my last). Do you think I'm doing the right thing? I don't cramp like this if I'm not on my feet all day eg. weekends. Has this happened to any of you? Bayside did you get this?
    Bao - you could go to the Doctor and get a medical certificate that says yu are fit to work, but only in a seated job (or whatever physical restriction you require to be able to work safely). If you are eligible for maternity leave and your employer is unable to find a "safe job" for you that meets the restrictions set by your doctor, then you are entitled to paid "no safe job leave" at your normal rate of pay, usually until 6 weeks before your due date (when you would normally go onto maternity leave) or until such time as they can find you a safe job or you are fit to return to your normal job. So you could use your sick leave, but that won't get you through the next 10 weeks until you would normally stop work if you had a desk job like mine ... just a thought