Closed Thread
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shocked and surprised but my parents are getting the whooping cough vaccine this Thursday DH asked his parents this morning and his mum was more than happy to comply. I think that anyone who is been through this journey with us, would understand the precautions we are taking to ensure our precious miracles health. @misti not sure what age they started including whooping cough in the school vacs BIL is 15 and pretty sure he has had all the necessary boosters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadnt even thought of the vaccines, but seeing as my babies will be in nicu (as long as they survive) I think im going to ask our families if they can vaccinate as well.
    My biggest concern is that my mum will want to come to see them in nicu but she is a heavy smoker and I dont want her to do any harm to the babies with the constant stench of smoke that wafts around.
    Today I am 26 weeks ladies! I can not believe it! The drs couldn't believe it today either. I love that we are defying all of the odds :-) I have a growth scan tomorrow, so im hoping to make it to that.. and then praying we can get close to 27 weeks. But I am grateful for any day the babies get to grow and develop in utero. I cant believe I've been sitting around dilated 2cm with bulging membranes since friday and im still here!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (02-09-2014),frenchy81  (02-09-2014),rainbow brite  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    I hadnt even thought of the vaccines, but seeing as my babies will be in nicu (as long as they survive) I think im going to ask our families if they can vaccinate as well.
    My biggest concern is that my mum will want to come to see them in nicu but she is a heavy smoker and I dont want her to do any harm to the babies with the constant stench of smoke that wafts around.
    Today I am 26 weeks ladies! I can not believe it! The drs couldn't believe it today either. I love that we are defying all of the odds :-) I have a growth scan tomorrow, so im hoping to make it to that.. and then praying we can get close to 27 weeks. But I am grateful for any day the babies get to grow and develop in utero. I cant believe I've been sitting around dilated 2cm with bulging membranes since friday and im still here!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yayayay!!!!!!!! That is the best news Meg's!!! Congratulations!! *blows a raspberry at the drs*.

Gorgeous bump @Sparklemonkey! 6 and a half weeks to go woooo!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to totalkaos For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Megs! No doubt it feels like time is dragging but you're doing so well keeping them in! Awesome job chick!! Im feeling really positive that everything is going ti work out ok 😊
    That's a tough conversation to have with your mum - but I guess it would probably have needed to be had at some point anyway regardless of nicu ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 knew you could do it!! Congrats!!! Those bubbas have the best mumma around and they're doing their best to stick with you Im sure. 27 weeks will be incredible if you can make it... Everything crossed for you.
    As for your mum Id usually say cross that bridge when you get to it but in your case you might want to broach the subject earlier: like now. Once bubbas are born you'll have too much going on to have a serious conversation with her. Maybe get some info from the doctors/midwives from NICU regarding smokers and the twins lung development and use that as your base, I did that with the vaccines. No one wants to go against doctors recommendations.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news Megs!! Let us know how you go with the growth scan

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Megs that's fantastic! You are doing amazing! Definitely defying all odds! I'm sure you'll have more good results at the scan tomorrow x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else see this? Cartwheels have been banned at a Qld primary school. And a Perth school has banned hugging. I can't tell you how mad this nanny state makes me. http://www.essentialkids.com.au/youn...ign=cartwheels

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26. That's amazing! I have a feeling you will make it till about 28 wks... You have defied doctors so far, truly incredible. You must be pretty happy (combined with worried)...

Meanwhile aliens have invaded my bump. None stop movement which is very visible on the outside. Amazing to watch!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 absolutely well done!!!
    As for you mum, perhaps tell her that the drs have advised that no smokers be anywhere near them? That way she can't argue or blame you?? And surely she would understand that their lives are more important?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post: