Closed Thread
Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been tossing up about monitors, but kind of had decided against it due to the sidsandkids website: "There is no scientific evidence that electronic baby monitors are of any assistance in preventing SIDS and have played no part in the dramatic reduction in SIDS deaths in Australia. The reduction in the number of babies dying of SIDS has come about because parents have been made aware of ways to sleep baby safely such as placing baby on the back to sleep from birth, sleeping baby with face uncovered, not smoking during pregnancy or after the birth, and by providing a safe sleeping environment." http://www.sidsandkids.org/faq/
    But so many people get them... So what do I do?? Is it necessary?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Midnyteblu we bought this one at last years expo after some online research and a few friends input. image.jpg
    @Shawly I know lots of people who didnt use monitors, completely personal choice. I got one for piece of mind and being confidently able to watch a movie with DH in our theatre (opposite end of the house) and not get up 50 times check on him.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Midnyteblu  (03-09-2014),Shawly  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shawly it's definitely personal choice. When I was pregnant with my son I bought the Angelcare monitor with sensor pads because I was so petrified of him stopping breathing during the night. Once he was born I no longer had that fear and I'm not sure exactly why but at the time I didn't feel it was what we needed so I sold it & bought a cheap sound monitor that we used purely to hear him if he woke up at night or during day sleeps. I followed the SIDS recommendations on safe sleeping and checked on him often so for me that felt right.
    My sister in law however, used the sensor pads for her son until he was nearly 2 years old because that's what felt right for her.
    There is no right or wrong decision it's purely each parents choice :-)

This time round I want to get one with the video monitor purely because I'm lazy lol and i could check on bub without walking too far and so I can look at her constantly without disturbing her

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Littleoneplusone  (01-09-2014),Midnyteblu  (03-09-2014),Shawly  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Megs!! Another milestone

I got myself a Video Monitor so I can be out in the pool etc and know that bubbs is ok. I didn't get the pads as I thought with me it would just add more anxiety as I have heard they can go off incorrectly

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lashed For This Useful Post:

Shawly  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. Since I'm in a 2 bed flat, I'll never be too far away, so I might go without!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question... Who has had whooping couch vaccs?? Had mine today, but there seemed to b mixed feeling between gp and Ob who said yes, and nurses who said to wait. Went with drs opinion but just interested to know!!

Loving all the bump pics, especially of Megs with bubs still in!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Quick question... Who has had whooping couch vaccs?? Had mine today, but there seemed to b mixed feeling between gp and Ob who said yes, and nurses who said to wait. Went with drs opinion but just interested to know!!

Loving all the bump pics, especially of Megs with bubs still in!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Had this discussion with GP last week, she advised against it but suggest it as soon as bubs is born to get it. Read on the official website its safe during third trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megs hoping you defy the drs and make it further than 26 weeks xx

My bump at 33w2d

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends that pregnant women receive the whooping cough vaccine for adolescents and adults (called Tdap vaccine) during the third trimester of each pregnancy. This replaces the original recommendation that pregnant women get the vaccine only if they had not previously received it.
    This recommendation is supported by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American College of Nurse-Midwives."

Definitely recommend for family members who will come in contact with bub also. Whooping cough is a killer. Nasty thing it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is getting his flu and whooping vax today.
    I'm getting my flu shot on the 13th but the whooping after bubs is born.