Closed Thread
Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 wow first baby born already!!! Big congrats to you both, hope all is well and can't wait to see photos.
    @90Bayside you are making me feel unorganised!! I would love a list too, I have no idea what I need to get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok... Because there was so much to get, I found that if I broke it up into themes and just bought the things related to that theme each week, it was more manageable. it also allowed me to watch my budget, and to do a bit of goggle research to find out what I needed and where to buy (as I really have no idea what I'm doing!!)

First I started with clothes (literally three or four little outfits each, no more...working on the assumption people will give/ buy clothes)
    Then bedding and sleep time theme - cot mattress protectors, cot sheets (fitted only), sleep bags, swaddles, a pack of muslin wraps and a pack of flannel wraps, cot blanket. Shop around for these. I found target, Kmart and big w were the cheapest for these types of things
    Then toilet time theme- nappies, wipes, portable change mat, nappy bag
    Then bath time - collapsable bath, towels (one each), baby soap, shampoo, bath seat, face washers
    Then feeding time (this one was expensive!) - bottles, newborn teats, bibs, steriliser, a tin of formula (just incase I need to supplement or find breast feeding too hard)... I also bought a bunch of old fashioned cloth nappies to use as burping cloths and stuff
    Next is boobs and things for mum! - I'm hiring a breast pump so I need breast shields, express bottles/bags, nipple cream, breast shields etc....

I'm sure I've missed many things, but that was my plan of attack and I feel pretty organised/ on top of things for now....

Some tips I found really useful.... 1. There seems to be very little difference in quality between expensive stuff and cheaper stuff so shop at the cheaper shops (mentioned above) and you will save a tonne of money and still get lots of adorable things for bub(s). 2. As well as googling 'what to buy' I always googled 'things I don't need to buy' as well. You can really get caught up buying things you are never ever going to use if you are not careful!! 3. Resist the temptation to buy too much of anything. I tried to remember I was just buying enough to get things started......and there is plenty of time to go buy more things later. 4. Buy only practical things/ necessities. All the cute stuff and toys can come later....assume someone will give them to you anyhow and your baby will do nothing but eat sleep and poop for the first little while anyhow, so focus on those things!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Flower! Best wishes for the little man and hope you recover quickly too

For those looking for a shopping list, my girlfriend who has two little ones recommended the list Baby Bunting has on its website. She said there are only a few things on it you don't need (she's yet to tell me which ones they were but given I'm going to take her shopping with me when I do my big shop I guess I'll find out then!) but apparently the rest of the list is pretty useful ...

Still thinking of you Megs and hoping your little darlings are still nice and comfy on the inside and stay there a few weeks longer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome looks like I am on track then, I have 90% of those things on my register or plan not to use them (baby shampoo etc)

I have the medela maxi swing earmarked as my last major purchase.
    How is everyone chosing their bottles and stuff? There are soooooo many different types on the market and I keep reading that some bubs will only drink from certain bottles. Not to mention the whole "nipple confusion" issue the midwifes keep mentioning. @90Bayside you definitely sound like you have got it all sorted for the twins, definitely alot more prep with two even with BF or expressing the general dynamics are alot more involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flower congrats! What a surprise, that must have come as a shock after your check up yesterday. I hope you and your little man are going well. I'm assuming you're around 31 weeks? Have they let you have a cuddle yet or is that not for a while? How's the expressing going, is it hard? I have so many questions but most of all I hope you, your DP and your newest family member are going well.

Megs, I'm with bayside I hope no news is good news.

Bayside, that list is great, thanks so much. From what I've heard you can never have too many old fashioned cloth nappies, so if that's the only thing you think you went overboard on you've probably only just got enough.
    Last edited by misti; 23-08-2014 at 23:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations flower, I hope your little man is doing well in the nursery and that you are feeling ok after your surgery.

Bayside, your list was similar to mine :-) you feel like you have to be organized with twins.. I wish I had have been a little less organised so early on. My fault for getting overly excited at 16 weeks.

The babies are still in! Ive had a lot of vaginal pressure the last few days and don't get up anymore. Im on blood thinners now for risk of dvt. The drs still dont think ill get to 26 weeks but im trying to.. one day at a time! In 1h24m ill be 24+5 and we didnt think we would get to viability so we are just going to try to get them as much time inside as we can. We have been told due to our sons infection his prognosis is worse than it already is at this gestation but we are just hoping he will be a little fighter and beat the odds!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so glad they are still baking megs!! Sorry about the little guys prognosis, I pray he is a fighter also
    Wow flower! Our first bubba, hope all three of you are doing well!
    Off to town again tomorrow, have a few appointments, and wil get this diabetes thing sorted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great to hear there's been no action Megs.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totalkaos, how cute is that pic! I think bub looks a little like a boy too, ooh the suspense.

Congrats Flower!!!!!!!! Yay our first forum bub. Post pics when you can, can't wait to see him. How is he doing today? Hope you're recovering quickly.

Megs, so glad they're still baking, I know you can you prove those drs wrong! Thinking of you always.
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 24-08-2014 at 07:55.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

totalkaos  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @Flower78! Amazing news!