Closed Thread
Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Amandale1727 - don't stress... all bubs have their quiet and active days! As long as you can still feel something occasionally (even if only once in the day!) then all will be ok!

haha i love stupid shows like that... makes me feel so much better about myself!!! hehe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    woohoo!
    changetable ordered!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies for being away for a while now....just read up about 18 something pages...

Megs- hope all is still going ok and bubs stay in there a while longer

Those with twins ....b/g how good is that??? All the issues you are having, whether its associated with twins or not, glad no real issues at the moment. A friend of mine had twins (natural) and the babies were emergency c-section at 30 weeks due to twin to twin transfusion and they are healthy big boys.

About mat leave - I work for the federal government and we get 14weeks full pay. I will get that at full pay, and get the gov'ts 18 week PPL paid during this time, then half pay my long service and annual leave...and that gives me about 12 mths paid leave. I return around mid October 2015. Hubby is getting 3 mths at half pay from work (he works for federal government as well) using a combination of dad parental leave and annual leave. Oh and he'll get the government's dad and partner one off 2 weeks pay as well.

With child care, when I return to work hubby and I have discussed that he'll go part time 3 days whilst I go full time as I make more $$ than he does so financially its better for us. Childcare is soooo expensive with 3 kids!!!

Im 30 weeks tomorrow....so counting down...7 weeks to go before I go off on maternity leave....then only 4 days after that til I go into hospital for steriods injections and then bubs comes at 38+1.

The countdown is on for everyone.... love the bumps and nursery pics!!!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    Sorry ladies for being away for a while now....just read up about 18 something pages...

Megs- hope all is still going ok and bubs stay in there a while longer

Those with twins ....b/g how good is that??? All the issues you are having, whether its associated with twins or not, glad no real issues at the moment. A friend of mine had twins (natural) and the babies were emergency c-section at 30 weeks due to twin to twin transfusion and they are healthy big boys.

About mat leave - I work for the federal government and we get 14weeks full pay. I will get that at full pay, and get the gov'ts 18 week PPL paid during this time, then half pay my long service and annual leave...and that gives me about 12 mths paid leave. I return around mid October 2015. Hubby is getting 3 mths at half pay from work (he works for federal government as well) using a combination of dad parental leave and annual leave. Oh and he'll get the government's dad and partner one off 2 weeks pay as well.

With child care, when I return to work hubby and I have discussed that he'll go part time 3 days whilst I go full time as I make more $$ than he does so financially its better for us. Childcare is soooo expensive with 3 kids!!!

Im 30 weeks tomorrow....so counting down...7 weeks to go before I go off on maternity leave....then only 4 days after that til I go into hospital for steriods injections and then bubs comes at 38+1.

The countdown is on for everyone.... love the bumps and nursery pics!!!

That's really exciting you are so close !

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandale1727 - thank you! And about bubs movements....try not to worry so much. I think we are all on edge at the moment....all nesting the finish line that we just want all our babies to be healthy and fine.

As long as you can still feel movements at different times during the day, all is ok.i think the rule of thumb is 10 movements per day (at different times) as you hit 30 something weeks and on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandale1727 - thank you! And about bubs movements....try not to worry so much. I think we are all on edge at the moment....all nesting the finish line that we just want all our babies to be healthy and fine.

As long as you can still feel movements at different times during the day, all is ok.i think the rule of thumb is 10 movements per day (at different times) as you hit 30 something weeks and on.

Thanks for the reassurance I agree we just want them out and healthy I am definitely on edge !
    But I do feel her multiple times a day which I guess is still a good thing

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Yup I was asking the hospital the other day, depending where you are and the method you are using. One method is to count 10 movements over the day, another is to pick the most active part of the day (after dinner usually) lay somewhere quiet and count 10 movements within the hour. Midwife said that its pointless before 28 weeks and if your placenta is anterior as the count wont be accurate. Hope this helps anyone concerned.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Amandale1727  (13-08-2014),hopeforlife  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes they are moving and we are just too busy to notice, I do it all the time and the second I stop and think I will feel him and if not I will have a cold glass of water, that gets him kicking...
    Over did it yesterday, very cranky and I pulled a muscle in my belly! I lifted a bag that was a bit heavy, bit when there is nobody to help you just have to! Moved all the furniture into our house yesterday and I have another packed day today the I drive home ( 8hrs) YAY! Will be back in town for my midwife appointment in 2 weeks, did my GD test yesterday, the drinks wasn't that bad bit I'm glad the bottle wasn't any bigger lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking.... It's entirely possible we could start seeing photos of little babies as soon as next month! Particularly for those ladies due in early October. Mid sept delivery is not entirely out of the question...

How exciting! We are soooo close!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 glad all is going well, not long now! Does everyone get the 2 week dad payment? My DH is a subcontractor so never gets paid for leave so would be nice if he did!