+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default hello, hubby looking for advice re mummy tummy & shapewear and lingerie shopping

Good evening ladies. Hope you don't mind me coming here, I've got a few questions to ask in relation to shapewear, and lingerie/under wear shopping for my wife. Firstly, Im thinking of buying her one of these,now I've got no problem with the mummy tummy but I know it worries her. If I buy it for her I don't want her to think I'm saying something or for her to get the wrong idea. How do I go about bringing it up with her?
    And,
    would it be weird if I went lingerie shopping for my wife? She's got her bras and undies but there all off the cheap rack at kmart, now please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the cheap rack at kmart. That's where all my clothes come from. It's just that I'd like to spend some money on some nice sets, spoil her a little bit (and me lol) I'd like to get her some nice, comfy every day bras and undies, And atleast one naughty set.No idea where to start though, are push ups comfy? Or should I steer clear of that for every day wareing she works at donut king and a bag shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hmmm...if I'm completely honest, I think it *may* offend her if you buy something like that for her. It may bother her, but I think it's possibly something that she might prefer to discover for herself. You know her though so I may be completely off the mark, but if DP bought me shape wear I'd be offended.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think your intentions are in the right place and it's a sweet thought, but in reality I think she may take it as you saying she doesn't like it. Perhaps instead of buying her some if she brings it up again why don't your suggest it as an option for her to buy?

You seem like a sweet husband

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, I think it's a lovely thought but I'd leave the shapewear stuff up to her. If you want to add something comfy for her, why not a nice flowing satin nightie that will still present as sexy but she will also feel confident/pretty in?
    Also, there are definitely nicer, more discreet shapewear, like full brief/boy shorts etc that are casual and comfy enough for everyday wear but not so obviously made to hide the tummy (but they still do the trick).
    Good luck

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

notquitecassanova  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    You're very thoughtful! Have you considered just taking her shopping? Get an envelope and put a bunch of cash into it and say 'just for you' and tell her you want to take her shopping for stuff you know she'll want.

Shape wear rocks but it could come of as insensitive if it isn't approached by her asking for it. If you offered maybe you wife would look into things too far, as us women have been known to do.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    for shapewear - to be honest it might come off not that well, so perhaps a voucher might be best.

as far as some nice lingerie sets - my DH bought be some Victoria's Secret "dream angels" bra which is beautifula nd super comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ill leave off on the shape wear. So maybe put some cash away in an envelope and take her shopping. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    You seem like a sweet husband
    I'm trying lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by notquitecassanova View Post
    I'm trying lol.
    It's the thought the counts! Go you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rather than shapewear a corset will do the same thing without giving her a complex.

I like how you think. Nice underwear can often be bottom of a mums priority yet can give a huge confidence boost

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app